Knightmare Werewolf - Weremare?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare Werewolf - Weremare?

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Cool, should be a great addition to the game!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

- Added "Cavernwight". A member of the opposition that does not wake up. Other goblins and the skeletron know who the cavernwight is, but the cavernwight does not know anything.

- Made various code cleanups. Probably broke some stuff.

- Added the ability to replay a round to see what happened.

- Added restart code for the game to be restarted.
Greystagg
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Greystagg »

The changes sound good, look forward to trying them out! I wonder if Folly would work for the Drunk card? He often appears around playing cards for the early series teams, and causes general confusion with riddles.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

The new changes sound really cool...... hope it behaves better then last time....... I remember last sunday we had to restart it a few times as it kept crashing..... I had to tell you alan at one point.... "calm down its only a programme".... I was quite shocked that I won a couple of games as I can't lie to save my life..... I am just that type of person....... It can be hard for me to tell if people are lying or not...... I was following the one rule I was given the whole way...... if you find out that you are a goblin don't tell them.....
I've got my Robert Burns poem book ready just in case I need it for anything......lol.
Had a nice chat with Zoe on Friday...... was surprised that anyone else turned up if i'm honest...... its very quiet on Fridays and Saturdays..... I learned that from Zoe.
Cedric kneed down close to my helmet so i could see him and told me.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Yeah the changes sounds good! Yeah it's on Sundays that people really visit the chat room.

See you in a bit!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Picklemyfav wrote:Had a nice chat with Zoe on Friday...... was surprised that anyone else turned up if i'm honest...... its very quiet on Fridays and Saturdays..... I learned that from Zoe.
I didn't know anyone visited the chat room on Fridays or Saturdays. Might pop in sometime if I remember!
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

It was a great chat with zoe on the Friday.....

That was a great round of the werewolf game....... Told the truth the whole time and only got firebombed once.......... Maybe I should just tell them what I am straight away..... Maybe that's the best tactic? What do you think?

Would be great to see you in the chat room on a Saturday or a Friday canadanne.......... who knows I might have a funny story to tell you...... lol.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Yes Weremere is great to play and it's nice to see a good turnout for it.

I try a bit of both and hope for the best!! I just enjoy playing it. :)
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

OOOPPPPS!........ I think the_mart thinks i'm male on the chat........Awkward...... EERRR..... no i'm not male...... I'm female............ I'm a woman...........
That reminds me of a old joke that my dad once told me......... When is a man not a man? When he's a woman....
In fact just to clear up any misunderstandings I will tell you my first name........ My first name is Elizabeth....and I have aspergers........ I love arts and crafts and I really love watching game shows.... I was born with no eyebrows, no eyelashes and no fingernails and I didn't need help to breathe when I was born.....I like the werewolf game and I am a chatterbox.
I am really looking forward to chatting on Friday, saturday and sunday....... Please come if you can....... so I can tell you about the weird dream on Halloween night............. that seems to have been a prediction that has now to my horror come true............ i'm not joking......
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Just to let you know I've made a couple of changes to the way that the script runs.

- From now on, the night sequence always lasts 90 seconds, no matter which roles are selected.
- If your role has a night action, you will be asked what to do at the same time as everyone else. Hence, you now have 90 seconds (up from 60) to specify what you want to do.
- Having specified what you would like to do, actions are resolved in the same order as before.

As a consequence, the game now runs about 2 minutes faster, yet everyone has a further 30 seconds to act at night. This also eliminates the slightly naughty tactic of being able to deduce which roles are selected by how long the night sequence lasts.

Doubtless I'll have broken the script while updating it, so there's possibly some bugs that need fixing.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

- Specifying player names is no longer cAsE sEnSiTiVe
- Added brother mace, a member of the powers-that-be, who swaps his card with one of the centre cards.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

• Added Gwendoline, a member of the powers that be. If Gwendoline is killed then the person she votes for is also killed. In practice, Gwendoline makes it a little harder for the goblins, since they need to discourage people for voting for her.
  • In order to discourage last minute vote flipping:
    • The game length will vary slightly by a few seconds. However, the exact value will not be revealed.
    • The final vote warning will occur at "less than 1 minute"
  • New command: !ww_explain <role> to explain how a role works.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

• Renamed Sidriss to Elita.
  • Added Sidriss, a weaker version of Hordriss, who can only look at one of the central cards. Sidriss has been added to add some variety to games rather than always requiring Hordriss.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

• Added role Oracle (PTB). During the night, the oracle specifies a player. That player's card is flipped over. If it is the gargoyle or a member of the opposition then the card is flipped back over. Otherwise, the card remains visible for all to see.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

So out of curiosity (and because I was binning some of the server logs), I did a little number crunching on KM chat numbers and Werewolf:

- Between introducing Werewolf (which was the first of the weekly games that we added) and last week, the average number of chat participants each week has more than tripled as compared to the same length of time before we added Werewolf. Of course, it's still far short of the good old days.

- Each Werewolf game averages just under 6 players.

- The average number of "person minutes" in chat increases by (on average) 417% on weeks where we've played one of the games.

Let me therefore take a moment to give a big THANK YOU to everyone that has contributed to the game!

Future roles

I'm rapidly coming to the end of official roles to add. Some of the remaining official roles are:

- Sentinel: Prevents a card from being looked at or moved. I'm not sure this adds much, but I'm open to input.
- Paranormal investigator: Looks at two cards, one after the other. If one of the cards is a goblin or gargoyle, the paranormal investigator becomes a goblin or gargoyle (respectively). This can make the game quite dynamic, since it adds the rare possibility that the Opposition control the town.
- Aura Seer: Finds out those players that have looked at or moved a card.
- Mystic wolf: Wakes up with the other goblins (werewolves). Afterwards, the mystic wolf is able to look at one player's card. I think this character *has* to be "Lord Fear"?

Avalon

I really need to add some of the optional features to this so that it isn't so mundane.

Mascarade

Ironically, I think this is finished, but it needs more testing.

Others

I have a couple of ideas for one or two other games that I might implement if they have sufficient support.

Someone asked me if we could have Knightmare-themed Cards Against Humanity. I'll admit it would be easy to implement :)