Knightmare Convention 2016/17?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Convention 2016/17?

Post by Picklemyfav »

Have we heard when the next Knightmare Convention is yet? is it happening this year and when? I have got a birthday card for tim child written out. just in case I have to post it where do you send a birthday card to him?
Cedric kneed down close to my helmet so i could see him and told me.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Convention 2016/17?

Post by Picklemyfav »

how long does it take to plan a knightmare convention? 3 months? 6 months? :question:

thinking about it..... its likely to take place in the summer months!

well lets hope that joe can get tickets and I will be nagging him. ;D
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Hopefully Mystara will give the answer to that one Pickles :) sadly I have to shell out ferry fares where I come from, then drive a bloody eternity if I ever want to attend one XD

One day, I might just go :) but I have to get a better motor first XD
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

If there is a second one and you can make it financially and without sacrificing a family wedding, christening or trip to the park with your pet goldfish then I say make the effort and simply go. Getting the train to Norwich from Liverpool was far from ideal but once I finally got there it was more than worth the effort. If there are not enough attendees it won't happen and just hoping that they'll be another isn't going to help you at all. If Knightmare does mean a lot to you and you are confortable being around similarily inclined people then do give it your upmost - after all if 4 primary/lower secondary school kids can make a trip why can't you? ;)
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

I really want to go to a Knightmare convention. I only just seen the show by chance in dec 2014 because it snowed that day. Sometimes I go to a place called hansel which is where I see Knightmare on challenge once in a blue moon. That's where I was that day It snowed. That day I got to see the show for the first time.
The last time [and first time] I walked into a Knightmare convention [by total accident] there were things on a list and you had to tick one of them off to get in. number 1 you had to have seen the show. number 2 you had to be one of the crew or staff from the show. number 3 you had to have been born on the date that the show first aired. I felt really welcome there. At one point I helped save the life of this man with a heart condition by looking after him and getting Pickle number 1 to hit Treguard number 2 with the knapsack to help me get some help for Pickle number 2. I remember shouting for help for ages. [about half an hour I was later told but it felt like two hours at one stage]
i'm sorry I didn't get to go to the 2014 one but I hadn't seen the show and been reminded of what happened all those years ago yet. sometimes things feel like a dream and you need a key to open the lock. i'm sorry I didn't try to sneak into another one that was local. well I did once but was chased out by Treguard number 2 with the words.
but I saved pickle number 2.
listen I don't care if you saved the whole [worddeleted] dungeon. you're still not getting in.
i'm sorry that I went to college and helped come up with challenges for raven and helped people with other problems during my college years. i'm so so sorry that a lot of family matters came up and made sure that this amazing day was locked up well and truly in the first place. i'm so so so sorry that I didn't get to join the first forum because it was meant to be for the fans.
and i'm so so grateful that you are now allowing new blood and fresh blood into the dungeon forums in the first place. so thank you. thank you for letting the new blood in.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

I found a loophole just in case you are wondering how I was allowed to stay at the Knightmare convention. I told them that I was born with no eyelashes no eyebrows and no fingernails and I was breathing ok after five minutes. I was born three weeks before the show aired and was shocked to find out that the doctors made me be born three weeks early. and yes that loophole had been closed as I learned when I was chased out by Treguard number two.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Picklemyfav wrote:The last time [and first time] I walked into a Knightmare convention [by total accident] there were things on a list and you had to tick one of them off to get in.
Are you sure this happened? ;)
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

We've started talking about a next convention and have a good idea for what we'd like to do. It would be a different format to 2014. There would be a DVD but it would have less material than the 2014 one. There would also be no rooms for the general public to play. BUT we think it'll be better than last year's.

However, we're not yet sure if it's practical, or if we can get the necessary permissions.

Additionally, we have some other projects on the go that need to take priority.

There are also other projects going on that are out of our hands, which would want to dovetail with or at least not interfere with any convention.

Our final concern as always is activity within the knightmare community. But maybe this will pick up.

It would be nice to do this in 2017. We'll have yo wait and see as to how other thibgs progress.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

Pooka wrote:
Picklemyfav wrote:The last time [and first time] I walked into a Knightmare convention [by total accident] there were things on a list and you had to tick one of them off to get in.
It was also the same convention that I saved the life of a man with a heart condition. the receptionist didn't believe that it happened either and that's how you start thinking its a dream and shutting up about it for twelve years.
ask tim if he remembers a red haired kid with eyes wide with amazement. also the guy playing Treguard [the one I called Treguard number 2] had long blond hair and a loud voice.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

Mystara wrote:We've started talking about a next convention and have a good idea for what we'd like to do. It would be a different format to 2014. There would be a DVD but it would have less material than the 2014 one. There would also be no rooms for the general public to play. BUT we think it'll be better than last year's.

However, we're not yet sure if it's practical, or if we can get the necessary permissions.

Additionally, we have some other projects on the go that need to take priority.

There are also other projects going on that are out of our hands, which would want to dovetail with or at least not interfere with any convention.

Our final concern as always is activity within the knightmare community. But maybe this will pick up.

It would be nice to do this in 2017. We'll have yo wait and see as to how other thibgs progress.
this sounds exciting.... hope it happens...... hope it happens soon.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

Pooka wrote:
I remember it was happening at the same time as something else that my dad was helping with. I wanted a look around and the guy at the door thought I was a fan of the show cause I asked him where am I? I am still trying to remember the hazy bits. I do remember a list and I only ticked the born on the same day one due to an loophole. they had visitor passes with 7/9/1987 on them. didn't know what that meant then.

talk to pickle from the tv show and mark knight as well. I met them that day and didn't know who mark knight was! only just realised while watching Knightmare last night that I walked right up to the villain of the show that day and started chatting to him like a old mate chatting to a long lost pal. I thought then what I still think about lord fear. he does look like a triceratops.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Sorry, I think you're confusing Knightmare with something else.

There has only been one Knightmare convention in 2014. I am also unsure why such an event would be restricted in the way you mention.
I'm not aware of any fans-only forum ever existing. Certainly not a big or official one.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

I remember it went by a different name but I can't remember all the details of what it was called. I remember seeing Pickle from the tv show very strongly and I remember saving somebody's life that day. Also I remember seeing a few folk which I have now worked out who they are. It was local in my local Ayrshire area and it was about twelve years ago and i'm still not sure what it was that I found. I do remember a dragon and getting to ride it and touching it. He let me pet him as I was gentle in touching him. He sounded like the dragon on the tv show. That's something I only just realised. There's a few things that don't make sense still and i'm not joking but I found something and it might have been set up as a unofficial thing by a fan. It is something that I found and it was amazing getting to pet that dragon. When I go to the official Knightmare convention if I see that dragon and I mean a big if I will point him out for you.
There was a stage show happening during it if that helps you work out what it is. There were two Treguards, two Pickles, two Lord Fears and the whole show had the dungeon turned upside down until I saved the day by flipping a photo album. It was very strange. I also remember petting a goblin. There were two blokes dressed as goblins. Does any of this make sense to you?
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

To be honest I thought it was an official one because tim was there. I remember meeting tim [or timmy as I called him once by accident and he told me not to call him timmy unless it was life or death and he looked a bit cross as he told me not to call him timmy] and talking to him. He was laughing while I was talking to him. he said "I've backed the wrong horse" and he called himself a donkey. I didn't hear all of his mumble the first time and told him. "Knightmare's not a donkey". Then he told me that he was the donkey.
I hugged him at one point.
At one point I told him. "Ah well everyone/everybody makes mistakes." He laughed in a friendly manner and said. "You're right everyone/everybody does make mistakes".
He looked at the time like a darts player and also like a comedian called ricky gervais and had a voice like scar from the lion king but he was so friendly to the people there.
[And he told me his full first name at the time. He didn't tell folk it then. Does he now? I will only tell you if he is ok with people knowing it now. I don't want told off again!]
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Wellllll....

- To my understanding around the year(s) in question, Mark Knight had permanently moved to the USA
- Knightmare was never converted to a stage show prior to Knightmare Live, which started in 2013.
- For various reasons, I know that David Learner has never taken part in any Knightmare gathering since he left the show
- I believe the official dragon puppets would have long since decomposed. Even before 2000. Knightmare Live's much larger dragon was custom made in 2014.
- Clifford Norgate voiced Smirkenorff but does not (ever) participate in conventions or fan-related events.
- We were the first Knightmare convention to have run when we did it in 2014. Tim mentioned this more than once.
- Although not necessarily linked, the goblins in Knightmare were played by women.

Additionally our archive of news stretches back this far and I cannot find anything that comes even close. Quite how it could have passed us all by (especially if Tim and Hugo were involved, with whom we do have contact) is beyond me.

If it didn't have the cast and crew in it, I would suspect it was a fan-created event. As it is, I am at a loss to explain what it was. The only thing I can possibly think of is that you somehow walked in on Knightmare RPG filming. But I don't think it ever took place in Ayrshire.

Maybe someone else can suggest what it might be. I am curious.