Are There Any Legal Ways To Watch Knightmare?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Are There Any Legal Ways To Watch Knightmare?

Post by Picklemyfav »

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Even since first finding out that watching a certain programme on a certain video sharing site was a no go for legal reasons I have not been doing that action. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Even through that choice of not doing it broke my heart and has made me cry myself to sleep a couple of times. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( I made that choice of not doing it out of love for your guys and out of love for the show. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I have found this thing called freeview plus. Its meant to be free...... but I can't get it because.........

.........1 My tv is ancient.
2 I'm unsure if its legal to watch Knightmare on it. [I'm in enough trouble as it is.]
3 I don't have Challenge on my freeview package.
4 The cheapest freeview plus tv is £400. The freeview plus recorder would be half that! You need one of those things to get it.

Is this legal to use or what? There's no point in getting more info about it and saving up a fortune for it if its not ok to watch certain things on it!

On a unrelated point.......... Is there any way to legally buy episodes of Knightmare on iTunes? Just asking. I already knew that ebay is a no go area for this. I didn't know that was also the case for a certain video sharing site at the time.
Cedric kneed down close to my helmet so i could see him and told me.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Are There Any Legal Ways To Watch Knightmare?

Post by Pooka »

Picklemyfav wrote:2 I'm unsure if its legal to watch Knightmare on it. [I'm in enough trouble as it is.]
If you've recorded something off the TV by whatever means, then it's legal to watch it. It's basically the same as recording something with a VHS back in the '90s.
Picklemyfav wrote:3 I don't have Challenge on my freeview package.
You should do. I've always gotten Challenge on my Freeview packages. Maybe look to see if you have Challenge +1 if you can't find actual Challenge.
Picklemyfav wrote:Is there any way to legally buy episodes of Knightmare on iTunes?
Nope, not to my knowledge.

Just as a heads-up: most of the ways I've seen Knightmare myself recently - both on Challenge and "alternative" routes (there are some; I own many of the episodes already, but I've had friends with streaming services), including the well-known video sharing site to which you refer - have a Challenge watermark (or occasionally a Sci-Fi one); ie. they've been digitally captured from a broadcast.

Were Knightmare to be released on, say, iTunes (or Amazon or Netflix, etc.), the rights would need to be purchased from ITV Studios - which is an arduous task (I believe Mystara knows more than I do on this matter). The same sort of thing is probably why we haven't seen Knightmare on DVD.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Picklemyfav wrote:I made that choice of not doing it out of love for your guys and out of love for the show. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
There aren't many morals left in a digital age. But if there were any, the moral of this particular story would be that what you don't talk about can't harm anyone.

What others choose to make publicly available or not is their business, and the consequences (if any) are mostly likely to fall on their shoulders.

No more drama? The more this pot gets stirred, the more trouble it tends to wreak. (That's my Folly-esque clue for the day.)
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I'm locking this thread and will delete it in the next couple of days. It is essentially a continuation of the "TAPE PIRACY" thread, which was locked.

Extending on what KaM has said: Can everyone PLEASE stop talking about this subject. This is not the place to discuss what is and isn't legal to do in respect of watching Knightmare episodes because you will almost certainly dislike the answer. By asking, you force us to answer and you make the situation worse for both yourselves and others.

Picklemyfav: As I posted in the "TAPE PIRACY" thread, there are no legal ways to download or purchase knightmare episodes. The only way to view it is via Challenge. This is not the place to ask further questions on that subject.

Pooka: Don't give out legal advice. Especially don't make broadly sweeping legal statements that are wrong.