Knightmare Racist

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Knightmare Racist

Post by HStorm »

In many stories, the colour of the dragon determined what power it had rather than its allegiance. For instance, in one legend a red dragon could breathe fire, a white dragon could breathe acid, a black dragon could breathe poison, a blue dragon could breathe ice, and a green dragon could breathe plague.

All of the above were classed as evil, the colour of the dragons was immaterial.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

What about St. George slaying the dragon (at least I hope I'm thinking of the right legend!!). Even though this has nothing to do with St. George's day you don't go round slagging off people who celebrate it because in stories he was supposed to have slain a dragon, do you?
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

In D&D, the colour determines both power and alignment (gold dragons are lawful good and can breathe fire or chlorine, crystal dragons are chaotic neutral and can breathe sharp shards, white dragons are chaotic evil (I think, certainly evil) and can breathe ice etc.). There are twenty-three types in all.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Ah! The white dragons are evil, eh? And as the white dragon represents the Anglo-Saxons in Celtic legend, that means D&D is racist against the English.

Ban it! Ban it I say! Ban iiiiiiiiit!
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

If you read the bible it speaks about Dragons and such, (can't remember what colour) but Dragons with many heads flying around the gates of heaven and breathing fire..

So maybe Wales using the Dragon is a way of saying 'we side with the devil' ? huh?

I think not some how.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

rachelesque wrote:
Elita wrote: But smirkenorf was a green dragon and he was good (actually i think neutral as he liked payment) wheras green dragons are LE in D&D.
True, but since Smirky generally needed a fee to take the Dungeoneer somewhere, he certainly can't be LG. And the reds are CE, which is worse. (well, I'd rather deal with LE than CE, LE can at least be reasoned with)

Or Smirky could actually be a copper dragon with a nasty case of verdigris. ;D

PhoenixFlame: Dragonlance is a D&D campaign setting, that's why all the chromatic dragons are evil in it.
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I play d&d a lot and yes red dragons and indeed all chromatic dragons are evil. I cannot see how this can be traced to racism against the Welsh, the red dragon was not used to intentionally offend the Welsh, if anything it was put in by mistake. You really think the writers would go out of their way to offend the Welsh with no particular reason? as Will Lowe says Welsh people don't take offence to this, it seems you are trying to cook up trouble so I suggest you drop this and stop making stupid comments.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I think he's gone already.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

He's getting angry... RUN! *Comes back*

I don't like offending people, it's not my nature...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Really? ;)
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

***claps his paws over his ears and rolls his eyes to the heavens***

Good grief! Spell casting K-N-E-E-J-E-R-K...

Didn't Anne Robinson fall into a trap like this not so long ago? If me paws were big enough I'd knock ALL yer heads together!! :-\

This kind of setup is what causes good projects and events to get bogged down in red tape if not cancelled altogether...

This is the kind of setup that puts potential friends against each other and can ruin a damn good thing... :(

TO THE LOT O' YE:- Take a step back, deep breath, step forward AND LETS TRY THIS AGAIN... :'(

Illusion: If I may ask... Kill this thread.

You wanna talk about evil/good dragons? Fair enough.

You wanna have the occasional 'barny'? Fair enough, within reason...

You wanna cut the bull' that has no place here? please? :-\

I don't intend this as arrogance and I certainly don't want to cheesily call for a group hug. But come on.... We're better than this...

***pads slowly away... there's other threads to look at...***
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Well said. I hope this thread is over, as of now being the last post.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Really, did you say Emii?

Really, really... ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

***2 green glints appear in the darkness and the edges of motleys Jester garb suddenly become confetti***

There's a time and place brother... >:(

perhaps a different thread....

*** the glints fade and no more is seen or heard***
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...