Series 3 - Episode 14

Raven
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 3 - Episode 14

Post by Raven » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:27 am

Martin Tool (Team 11 Series 3 I think) entered a room where Motley was doing a mime. Mellisandre came up and said to Martin 'He's good isn't he?' Martin said 'Yes, brilliant'. Then Melly said 'But you can't see him with that helmet on!' and Martin said 'Well...' and was interrupted. Now I think everyday what his excuse would have been, but thanks to him being interrupted I'll never know. Grrr...

Anyway, what do you lot think he was going to say?
Last edited by Drassil on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title amended to aid navigation and to fit Illusion's nomenclature.
The Raven's Labyrinth - Where danger lurks around every corner...

Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Why I hate Mellisandre

Post by Fidjit » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:36 am

Mellisandre: But you can't see anything, you've got that hat on haven't you?

Martin: Noooooo, you bloody think!

Mellisandre has a good appearance and has a rather babyish approach which is why I like her... ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/

Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:23 pm

I don't dislike her as such, just wish that occasionally she'd NOT fall down trap doors.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'

Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:57 pm

That, of course (Ross' quest in Series 3), was a situation where Mellisandre herself was interrupted (cosmic justice?).

Perhaps Martin's answer would have been: '...I know he's doing a good mime act, because I can't hear him!'

I've always been fond of Mellisandre, as my first fanfic implies! Very pretty name, meaning 'brave honeybee' in Ancient Greek.
Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.

Madmogsue
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Madmogsue » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:15 pm

excuse me if this sounds dim.... which it probably will....

But im right in thinking that melisandre is the dippit looking "maiden" wandering about the current series on challenge?
Kupo? kupopo?!?

HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:32 pm

The maiden in Series 2 is Gretel, Melly appears in Series 3 and 4.

I must say that I like the character of Mellisandre and if that's the only fault you can find then it proves that she is a good character. Hate is perhaps too strong a word, maybe the thread should be called "Why I was irritated by Mellisandre on a single occasion"
Last edited by HarveyTowers on Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good night out there; whatever you are!

Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:21 am

Gretel was cuter though! ;) hehe - Melly wasnt too bad - better than sidriss!
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.

Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Melisandrinoff » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:17 pm

I always liked her, she was sweet - and I preferred her and Motley as a team than him and Sidriss - though I did like Sidriss too. Plus I always really liked her name...obviously ;)
Drassil, I didn't know that's what it meant, very interesting :)
"You're in a room..." ;)

Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit » Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:24 am

Pity I became Fidjit... Eh? ;) ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/

Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 3 Episode 14

Post by Tom41 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:58 pm

When Martin went forward towards the flames, notice he took only one step and stopped - then the camera cut back to the advisers. If the animation had continued at its normal speed, Martin would almost certainly have been torched by the flames! Perhaps they were let off?
Today I managed to watch the episode on the big high-res TV downstairs - so got a better look at it. I liked how they had the bones on the floor with a torn knapsack and another Helmet of Justice - the remains of a previous dungeoneer, indeed, complete with his ghost (skull) ;)

In the room which used to be Ariadne's Lair, the top of the screen was blacked out again (i.e. you couldn't see the green valley beyond). Used the key to free Velda, who gave them a step clue.

Next, into the corridor of catacombs. Couldn't escape the moving wall, so used the GHOST spell to turn Martin into a ghost! (a skeleton thing with a helmet of justice). He walked through the wall, then said 'BOO!' in his ghostly form to scare off the armored warrior guarding the well! Then disspelled to turn him back - and he went down the well.

Notice how he left the bottle on the side of the well - apparently there was no use for that object, and you can't use Level 1 objects in Level 2.

There was a pineapple on the Spindizzy, oddly enough! They made Martin bend down to pick it up even though he was facing away from it - and he only noticed it when he was told to do a 180 degree turn!
This time there were no symbols above the doors as to which one to take, so they went for the middle one. Notice how they asked Martin if he could see the edge of the disc - something other teams haven't done!
It looks like Martin actually stepped into the gap between the two doors, but were let off again!

Next room contained the Catacombite, and also a green skull that chased him all the way to the door!

Then got food in the former Level 2 clue room, and listened to an Oracle's message. Seemed to be giving ingredients and directions for a food recipe at the start, but also gave them the 3rd 'step' clue and warned them about "Dreadmog who causes all disruption".

In Merlin's chamber, they thought they could see a crystal in front, but there was no tree or lion... then they figured out that calling the names would invoke the steps! Merlin appeared before the lightning again! And I think he appeared slightly transparent here ;)

Got 2/2 on Merlin's riddles and gained a CURE spell, a universal healing. It can be used either on yourself or on someone else, but can only be used once.

Into a long corridor (Corridor of Catacombs with different lighting), with an armored knight in the distance. Got him out of there quickly ;)

Next, into the tiled 5-door room, with Mellisandre and Motley (who had lost his voice). They already knew Motley's a good guy, since they met him in the kitchen, so they used the CURE spell to get Motley's voice back. As a reward, Motley decided that Martin could call him in his moment of need for assistance.
No clue as to which door to take, so they took the extreme right door.

Then the Corridor of Spears - with food on a table in the middle of the spears! For some reason, the spear clashing sound effect didn't play the first time they clashed together ;) A skull chased them out of the room - I think they got spiked, but not sure.

After that, into the 3-cave system. Instead of the giant toad, there were mountains in the distance and bats flying around the cave. They obviously knew where the exit was, perhaps they had watched a few previous quests?
Next area, they picked up a piece of the chalice (part of their quest), and a horn appeared whenever the goblin horns sounded! Oddly enough, Martin jumped down behind the ledge after getting the quest piece, even though it looks like it's part of the wall! Timed out in the next section as the goblins were chasing.

View of the Corridor of Spears (no table) over the credits.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!

TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 3 Episode 14

Post by TheBrollachan » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:02 pm

Oops! I don't think they were supposed to go behind the ledge. The next scene made it look like the wall backed behind the ledge.

Ruddy Challenge annoucers "the dodgy graphics of Knightmare" - forgetting when it was made.
*Throws brick at Challenge announcer*
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.

Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:06 pm

Not only did Treguard say "We're celebrating an unbroken record" at the start, but he recounted the 10-0 score with a big grin on his face- who's side is HE on, then?

Martin was certainly let off in the fire room, seeing as he was clearly standing on one of the cracks when the camera cut away. Still, that didn't stop them, as they now seem to be on the road to Level 3. Unfortunately I completely missed the reason why Motley had lost his voice, because some loud noises drowned out the speech- something to do with Hordriss?

FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:56 pm

The Brollachan wrote: Oops! I don't think they were supposed to go behind the ledge. The next scene made it look like the wall backed behind the ledge.

Ruddy Challenge annoucers "the dodgy graphics of Knightmare" - forgetting when it was made.
*Throws brick at Challenge announcer*
If anyone uses the word 'dated', I'll set fire to their head. Everything in the past is dated, obviously. Yesterday is dated, too. So if any Challenge announcer thinks it'll be amusing to mention how Knightmare has 'dated' graphics, well...I'll set fire to their head.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"

Gizensha
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gizensha » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:57 pm

Not neccisarially everything. Things that were graphics dependent are dated (I'd argue that only seasons 4-6 of Knightmare aged badly, actually, simply because that still photos don't really work with interactive blue screen environments)

I'd like to see someone describe War of the Worlds as being out of date.

HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Why I hate Mellisandre

Post by HStorm » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:53 pm

I think the reason I dislike Mellisandre - and in fairness this isn't just a problem with her - is I just don't think she belongs in the series. She recites nursery rhymes, plays hide-'n'-seek, talks to dungeoneers like they're fresh out of kindergarten... gah, she should be presenting Playschool or Jackanory or possibly Blue Peter! She should not appearing in a dark, gritty adventure series meant for adolescents and young adults!