Leggy S5 Downloads

smirkenorff
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Leggy S5 Downloads

Post by smirkenorff »

Hi,

I have been trying to keep up to date with Series 5 through watching as much as I can on challenge, but I cannot be there to watch all the episodes, and our VCR is broken so it won't record.. I am banking all my hopes on Leggy's downloads, but it seems that they have stopped at Episode 4...

Hope I catch you here leggy, or does anyone else know what's happening?
Enter, stranger...
Leggy1210
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Leggy S5 Downloads

Post by Leggy1210 »

Unfortunately theres been a bit of trouble recording the episodes with the Tivo and I've not been able to keep the regular posts going...

I have most of the episodes for this series shown so far and will get around to ripping/posting them soon.

As for the ones missed, I'll have to wait for Challenge to do the repeats!
"Side-foot to your right...!"
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

How do you get them then?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
smirkenorff
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by smirkenorff »

Enter, stranger...
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I couldn't seem to get the nostalgia section to work for me.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Leggy! Some of your download links don't seem to work at all or work properly. I managed to get the Challenge documentry but I could only manage to see half of it though then I get a warning error message.

I can't view the Challenge clips from this site properly either. The pictures appear real funny like i.e. when you view a NTSE vhs on a Pal player or Visa Versa. How can I get them to work properly? Have I downloaded the wrong codec or is there something else wrong. I downloaded Xvid from Nic's binery.
Johnr
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Johnr »

/offtopic

Leggy, any chance of providing us with some Gamesmaster episodes as well?  Would make my life perfect :D
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Are the links still not working properly? There seems to only be two working properly, one of the Challenge ad ones and one of the Challenge documentry ones but once downloaded the Challege doc don't work fully and I could only view about three quarters of it and then it stops. I have managed to get the ad download to show up properly now as yesterday I downloaded the DivX player and so I view it in that. It still doesn't show up properly on the Real player though!
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

***Sidles in quietly keeping a nervous eye on the nearest exit***

I don't wanna rain on ne1s parade but aint this another DVD release damaging 'pirate' set-up?

(fair do's, I'll probably be past leggys' at one point myself!  ::)  )

I missed S5 repeats 'cause I can't afford a regular fee for Sky. I don't want to steal off of anybody...... but there isn't any other choice for me at the minute...

***sidles back out again... slowly, making no sudden moves***
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Nah snowcat, dont sidle away. You have a perfectly good point and for those who cant catch it on Sky or dont have Sky then Leggy is doing them a favour. Sadly it may damage the chances of KM coming out on DVD. I have Sky at home and I watch KM, so i dont have a problem with that. If you cant watch it then weigh it up wether you would rather watch the Leggy ones or have the DVD.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

If you cant watch it then weigh it up wether you would rather watch the Leggy ones or have the DVD.
*** Pokes his head round the door looking hopeful***

A pair of "definate maybes", nice choice....  :(

Still, having said that, I'm eagerly awaiting the DVD but we haven't had a whiff of ANYTHING regarding it for a while now (don't you just hate it when TV execs decide to wash themselves for the first time in ages and give us nothing to go on!).

Has there been any word from the 'Granada Media' front?
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Of course the clips wont beat a real dvd, especially due to needing codec unless a dvd player has built in codec and can run avi files which need the codec. They are also only available temporarily and are taken off so long after the series has finished on Challenge. They also take up a lot of memory on the computer so a proper genuine dvd is definately the best anytime. It will also be available anytime to buy reguardless of whether it's being shown on tv or not. So personally my first choice and what I would go with would be a dvd.
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 26 Nov 2003, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I see your point and to an extent I agree with it, when i didnt have Sky i barely got to watch a lot of shows including KM and now i have it, its a lot better. However, not everyone can get Sky for various reasons and its very hard to find people who will lend out VHS of KM and ITV never show episodes. The internet is the best resource and a couple of S5 episodes probably wont hurt a DVD release too much. However, there is still the chance it will and if it is technically pirated no matter how small the technicality then you could get into trouble for having it. If i still didnt have Sky then I would most probably watch these clips so I will not pass judgement against anyone who does. If you dont NEED to watch them then try not to but it shouldnt do too much harm to the KM DVD campaign