Series 5 - Episode 10

Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Series 5 Episode 10 (Mon. 10th)

Post by Kieran »

FrightKnight wrote:
Jayren wrote: Believe it or not, I'm actually chuffed to bits that I'm in semi-contact with a team member I watched die when I was 4 years old.

Goodness, that's sad. xD
Said like that, it sounds quite metaphysical, too. In contact with someone who died in 1991? You must be a medium.

("No, I'm a petite, actually." Boom boom!)

What the hell am I talking about? ::)

If you don't know, I sure don't! Something about Basil Brush?

Anyway, nice to see you on here Andrea....You didn't do too badly at all, just didn't get the right path sadly! I hope to hear more from your experience on the show.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Andrea
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Andrea »

Jayren wrote:I'm actually chuffed to bits that I'm in semi-contact with a team member I watched die when I was 4 years old.
That's just plain weird.
HStorm wrote: Wasn't your team from Exeter, Andrea? Cos if you were, that's my birthplace!
Yeah, I was born here too, although my parents were living in Exmouth at the time. I've been here 25 years now.
Kieran wrote:Anyway, nice to see you on here Andrea....You didn't do too badly at all, just didn't get the right path sadly! I hope to hear more from your experience on the show.
Anything specific you want to know, I'll be happy to answer, if I've got time.
THE CLIMB
Girl-fronted rock band
http://www.soundclick.com/theclimb
superdungeoneer

Post by superdungeoneer »

ANDREA was there anything interesting about the filming of KM. Anything interesting, that was different in the final show from what you guys experienced in the studio, I.e edited bits, things to do with how the rooms were set up, things on the screen ectc.........
Was every room shot in one take?
Did you get any quest advice that we didn't see?
Did you have to re-film any scenes because of any mistakes?
Andrea
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Andrea »

superdungeoneer wrote:Anything interesting, that was different in the final show from what you guys experienced in the studio, I.e edited bits
Yeah - they edited out a lot of us flaffing around. Jenna refused to give Julius Scaramonger the gold, so they cut about 5 minutes of us being indecisive. I think they also cut out a bit of conversation we had while we were stood on the floor puzzle, because I remember quite distinctly discussing with Kelly the fact that the helmet or shield shape looked like a Fright Knight's helmet, and that we should head for the sword because it was defensive. (We were following the "path of defense", and the Fright Knight's helmet suggested aggression.)
superdungeoneer wrote:Was every room shot in one take?
We only had one take of each scene, but there were breaks inbetween every single room, sometimes up to two hours long. By the time you went back in, you'd forgotten what was going on.
superdungeoneer wrote:Did you get any quest advice that we didn't see?
Tim Child came into the Green room after most scenes and discussed it with us, but more to tell us off than anything. He was generally quite a jolly man, but quite scary too when he was talking about the game. The only advice we had was from the pre-printed sheets which spelt out the rules of the show.
superdungeoneer wrote:Did you have to re-film any scenes because of any mistakes?
We weren't allowed to re-film anything, although Tregaurd and Pickle got 3 or 4 attempts at the episode 10 intro. The first time they filmed it, Treguard was stood in front of the screen, with the title sequence finishing - then as he started talking, the credits started rolling backwards again behind him!

Then Pickle kept messing up the names "we have Andrea, Jenna, and Anna, guiding Andrea's sister, Anna" etc. They took it in good spirit though, and made us laugh the whole time. Jenna had three takes at entering the dungeon in the first place since she kept walking into the set wall beside the doorway - first the left wall, then the right wall! She also walks into the blue room wall at one point, and they even left the bump noise in, which is amusing.

Any other questions?
THE CLIMB
Girl-fronted rock band
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I liked the Sylvester Hands incident, with Pixel...

Oh, also my mate wants to know if it was an easy task...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Andrea
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Andrea »

Fidjit wrote: I liked the Sylvester Hands incident, with Pixel...
Actually, that whole thing was a bit of an accident. Jenna put down the box because she was struggling to get the food into the knapsack, allowing Sly to pick the box up. We didn't have to "use" it as such. When he'd been scared off, we couldn't actually hear a word Pixel was saying - the sound was awful, so when Pixel asked if we wanted to take her to Mount Fear, we didn't know what she was on about!

For the record, when the scroll said "Don't open the box" and I asked Jenna if the box opened, what I specifically meant was is the box locked? If the box was locked, we might have needed to take the key too, to open it. She only had to see if it were able to open, not to actually open it.
Fidjit wrote:Oh, also my mate wants to know if it was an easy task...
Eh?
THE CLIMB
Girl-fronted rock band
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Eh?
Exactly, he doesn't know what he's on about. He critisises Knightmare a lot...
superdungeoneer

Post by superdungeoneer »

were the intro/end scenes for shows filmed after your quest or did your quest actually pause at the point when the "time-out gong" went at the end of the show.
Andrea
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Andrea »

superdungeoneer wrote: were the intro/end scenes for shows filmed after your quest or did your quest actually pause at the point when the "time-out gong" went at the end of the show.
We filmed the start of episode 10 several scenes after the Julius Scaramonger scene (where it paused), when they knew roughly where they were going to freeze it. Then we kept on with the quest.

They filmed the end of episode 9 (while we were frozen) after we'd died - so when Tregaurd asks Pickle if we're potential winners, and he says "not in my book, master", it's because he knows we're already dead!
THE CLIMB
Girl-fronted rock band
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I noticed as you guided Jenna across the Sword block you paused a second before she fell...
Andrea
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Andrea »

We were just figuring out where to go next from the sword, and the screen went blank. We didn't actually know what had happened. They put on the hexagon falling with Jenna afterwards.
THE CLIMB
Girl-fronted rock band
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Ah, so that how it technically works out...

Well, I must say Jenna looked nice in 1991 ;D Sorry slip of the tongue... :P ;D

Where are your team members these days? :)
Andrea
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Andrea »

I'm trying to get my rock band signed.
Jenna's an English teacher in West Sussex.
Kelly does some kind of boring job I think.
Anna - last thing I heard - had just joined the police force... :o
THE CLIMB
Girl-fronted rock band
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Nice to see you here on the forum, Andrea. :) Thanks for visiting. I hope everything works out with your band. Take care - there are a lot of unscrupulous and exploitative people in the music industry. Don't sign any 'binding clauses' handed to you by A&R people because it'll mean that you won't be able to sign to any other company. They'll have you completely trapped.

(Sorry, this is off-topic - rectifying now...)

That was a rather funny thing Pickle said, then ("not in my book, Master") - I wonder if there are any other in-jokes anywhere in the show?
Subject to change.
Andrea
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Andrea »

At this moment in time I'd snatch the hand off ANY A&R guy who showed an interest! But we've already turned down one production deal and one manager this year, so we're not about to do anything stupid. We're looking for the right deal.

I hear comments all the time in Knightmare that you can tell are in jokes, especially at the start and end of episodes.
THE CLIMB
Girl-fronted rock band