Series 5 Episode 13 (Mon. 17th)

GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 5 Episode 13 (Mon. 17th)

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

All comments on this episode appreciated. :D
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lord_Bob

Re: Series 5 Episode 13 (Mon. 17th)

Post by Lord_Bob »

i doubt i'll be able to catch the 10am as much as I would like to
Catacombite
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Catacombite »

I'll have time to comment since im watching it at 10  ;D
Catacombite
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Catacombite »

I think the team almost left the room with one object, at least they would had done if treguard didnt say anything.

Taking too long on a floor puzzle is never clever lol and neither is getting your left and right mixed up, they nearly cocked that up several times over.  

Skarkill just got attacked by bees because he opened the honey pot, quite amusing that, but the dungeoneer seemed to lose the gem he was carrying aswell.

Well they answered all of Brother Monks questions, good for them :) they werent particularly difficult though.

Ok so thats the end of part one, they're on there way to level 2 and arent doing too bad.  They seem to hesitate alot though which has caused the death of many dungeoneers but i guess its better than rushing in.  

Oh god its Elita again (last seen jumping out of a chest), they need a big red gem (or a firestone) to get to level 3.

I'll be suprised if there isnt a white floating skull in this room  :'(  its a good old fashioned clue room, personally think they should take the jesters stick thing and not take the green gem but I may be wrong lol  Ooooooo a spy glass, always loads of fun especially when Lord Fear notices them lol, ah here's the skull, see I was right :D

Now theyve found Julius Scaramonger, they took the silver so theyve got payment.  

BONG!!!!!

Well thats the end of the episode, a couple of good moments (the bee thing).  The team have done pretty well so far, I have my doubts whether they'll make it to level 3 especially if Motleys looking for his Jesters clown/stick thing they could miss out on the password, but only time well tell (they could always tickle him with the feather).

Roll on Wednesday :D
Last edited by Catacombite on 17 Nov 2003, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

btw my friend that gentleman's name is Brother Mace and not Brother Monk
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

And most of you thought that something major was going to happen during this ep then.
I'll be suprised if there isnt a white floating skull in this room  :'(  its a good old fashioned clue room, personally think they should take the jesters stick thing and not take the green gem but I may be wrong lol  Ooooooo a spy glass, always loads of fun especially when Lord Fear notices them lol, ah here's the skull, see I was right :D

I have my doubts whether they'll make it to level 3 especially if Motleys looking for his Jesters clown/stick thing they could miss out on the password, but only time well tell (they could always tickle him with the feather).

Roll on Wednesday :D
They were discussing whether or not to take it and someone did say to take it. I believe the WFS appeared because they were taking ages to come up with a proper decision on what to take and so it appeared to hurry Chris along. I still think that they should have taken Motley's clown/stick though.

At the first set of clue objects though, were they not supposed to use or take the spy glass?
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 17 Nov 2003, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

An interesting episode indeed, my comments

They did indeed almost went away with one item at the start, It almost seems like they were about to direct Chris out of the room when Treguard mentions they can take another item, Were they slighty let off here.

they certaintly took their time on the causeway puzzle didnt they, and this just shows how badly Team 6 were treated for their causeway puzzle, they went through it a good pace I thought yet they died and Treguard said they were not quick enough, However this current team(Team 7) certaintly took slighty longer IMO to get across and yet they got across with no problems and didnt seem to be timed, Now YES Treguard does tell them to hurry up, but they still didnt hurry too much, Something is very suspecious about all that.

Can see how this team died though, whatever made them pick up the feather??? Chris's team mates even tell him to pick up the Jesters Stick and he does pick it up for a brief second, but he then decides not to pick it up,one word WHY, why he thought the feather was the right item to take is beyond me.
Also they had met Motley early in Level 1 so it should have given them a hint to take it back to him because he obviously lost it and that would have given them the password for the next blocker

Oh Well, Roll on Wednesday for the next episode.

BTW how many episodes of Series 5 are left, there cant be that many now surely??
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

tbh I thought this team were really lousy. They lost BOTH of their clue room items to Skarkill and they took sooooo long on that causeway I half expected the whole floor to collapse. If team 6 were too slow then this team could be confused for being frozen! They got some questions right, made a real pigs ear of the clue room they werent going to use the spyglass or take 2 items until Treguard told them to. Roll on Wednesday to get rid of these snorers! Chris must be the blindest and deafest dungeoneer as he fails to see or hear half the things said to him or put in front of him. Awful team really, sorry to be so negative  :-/
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

According to the series guides there are about two more teams (Duncan's and Kelly's [EoS] teams) after this one. So that makes it about one more week if that after this one I'd say.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

The final episode will be on Monday 24th.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Of all the fantastic things you could wish to find in a chest, Elita has to be pretty near the bottom of the list!

I do think the team get away with a little, but they are very young- I don't know if younger teams were ever given a slightly easier ride. They were a bit icky on the causeway, but in fairness that was in Level 1, whereas the previous team died on the Level 2 Causeway, where I suppose you're not given as many chances. Chris was certainly very cautious on the causeway, although I suppose having seen teams stepping to their doom by moving too quickly, one can perhaps see why.

It did seem like they only needed the one clue object. Frankly, I'd have tried to use the gem first. It seemed logical to bribe him rather than use the honey, so I don't think they really did anything wrong there. I didn't like that scene epsecially much- it all seemed a bit contrived, to be honest, and RB evidently realised quite how unnatural the dialogue he had to deliver was. Treguard found it funny tho', if the chortling in the background was anything to go by.

I thought Mace's questions were pretty fair. Not sure how many they'd needed to get past (0, if the let-offs this year are anything to go by!) but the last question was pretty tricky, and none of them were really easy (coughcoughTeam4'squestionscough).

Elita's real name was kinda long. Did anyone catch it? Otherwise I'll have to get it from the video.

I do like this Team's Level 2 storyline, even though they don't get too many clues on what to take in the Clue Room. The scroll clue is a little vague too, like quite a lot of the clues this year.

Icy Sandra (Smelly Sandra's big sister) was hamming it up again. There's a kind of snarling expression she often puts on that just makes me laugh. She's just such a camp villain, even compared to the others! She doesn't like dungeoneers as a species because they're "hot and sweaty".  I don't know dear, if they were 10 years older, I think that frozen heart of yours might melt just a little toward them for that.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

:'( That is one week tomorrow and then it's all over again for now unless S4 is repeated again. It appears that James P has not been around on the Challenge forum answering some of the (KM) questions unless he's posted on other (programme) threads.

[Hey no sooner than I mention James P then...]

(Edit 23:35)
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 18 Nov 2003, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

hmm after GG's comment I am still not swayed into thinking they were treated fairly, they have been let off at least twice if not more and were definatly poorer than Team 6. I cant wait for Wednesday so we can get rid of them!  :-*
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

BTW how many episodes of Series 5 are left, there cant be that many now surely??
16-13=3
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Dunshelm
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Dunshelm »

Pickle these are so young, theyre almost new.
Who said young teams are given an easy ride? Remember Jeremy's quest from series 4. He was given an unnaturally tough quest which involved the 2nd room of level 2 being block and tackle and the 1st being a level 3 room with an evil statue, more at home in level 3!
- A distinctly magical fashion and therefore somewhat unreliable