Series 5 - Episode 15

GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 5 - Episode 15

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

For the penultimate time this series, here we go.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 5 Episode 15 (Fri. 21st)

Post by Lowebo »

And i havent seen any from EP4... Leggy, any knews?? :s Anyone know when repeats on s5??
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I think Challenge plan to repeat series 5 next month sometime.

Btw, point of minor interest: I think this episode sees the last time ever that the original Life Force clock is used (save for one of the deaths in series 6).
Subject to change.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Roll on 7pm, no spoilers until then plz
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

Good on ya Lord_Bob for asking for no spoilers til 7PM. Became a rule of the forum  ;D
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

ty, I dont get to see it till 7pm and i dont want to check the topic and find the episode written out before every1 has chance to see it. Earlier in the season when the topics like S5 Ep2 had spoilers of the whole season was just silly. Glad we got this Ep by Ep review sorted
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

ty, I dont get to see it till 7pm and i dont want to check the topic and find the episode written out before every1 has chance to see it. Earlier in the season when the topics like S5 Ep2 had spoilers of the whole season was just silly. Glad we got this Ep by Ep review sorted
Er, then don't read the thread until after you've seen the episode?

It's pretty obvious that it's likely, if not definitely, going to contain spoilers.  Use your common sense!  If you don't think the episode should be written out until everyone has had a chance to see it, then we shouldn't post these episode guides until it's been shown on terrestrial tv, or the dvds are out, etc.  In fact, the team guides on the main website shouldn't exist, either!

What exactly do you THINK the content of a thread such as "Series 5 Episode 15" is likely to be? :-)  I agree that there shouldn't be spoilers for future episodes in the series (which there aren't and haven't been for a while), but to complain that the thread is on-topic seems a little daft :-)
Catacombite
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Catacombite »

Ok so they were in the dark room and they used the candle (obvious really).

Next room is the blocker, grabbing the food and using the password they move on.

The next room as a chest (lets hope elita isnt in it), oh bloody hell its that mouth elf bird Elita in the box (she must like it)  she gave them the SESAME spell to open a door later on, awfully nice of her lol

Most of the advisors are quiet, anyway they have reached the gate tower thing, and sylvestor hand has popped up followed by some guard who let them approach the tower and got rid of Sylvestor, they used the spell to open the door.

Ah a descender and a scroll which tells them to go down seven floors and call halt, lets see if they can count ;)

YES they died rather nicely in the corridor of blades ROFLMAO :D

End of part 1
Catacombite
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Catacombite »

The next team comprises of Kelly, Keely, Rachel and the other one (didnt catch the name).

They started in the forest this time, theyve found some objects including a scroll which is basically a spy glass manual. Theyve used the spyglass and it looks like Skarkill has gotten himself a hobgoblin should be fun, the level 1 password is ratpack.  They took the silver and the candle.

Oh god its that Sylvestor hands bloke again and he is selling them something whatever it is ( a horn that calls robin hood apparently)

Now that was a surprise, the horn was actually a goblin horn.  

They are now looking for Sylvester Hands and find him :D

Ok so i missed a few bits, but i dont think they'll get very far :)
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Hooray! We got our NTL line sorted out yesterday, so I could enjoy this episode. And enjoy it I did. :)

"Where am I?"
*BONG*

Most amusing. :) Shame the death itself was a simple, boring "disappearing act", which Cull no like.

New team don't look too bad (despite taking something from Sly - easy bad move, if you know anything about Sly)... shame they won't have much time to prove themselves.
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

I have to sad what a sad death Duncan's team had, but it was their own fault as they should have learned to count, How hard is it to count down 7 floors and then shout Halt(I think I counted and they went down 9 floors and shouted stop) Also what a funny death, he got sliced straight away in the COB and he had no chance.
Although I do fee sorry for Duncan because it was only Ian I believe doing all the guiding and talking, the other two didnt say a word the entire time and just were not helping at all, If only they worked together a bit more properly, they may have got a lot further.

Oh well, last episode of Series 5 on Monday so better make the most of it I guess. Now roll on Series 6 ;)
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Yes... out of all the post-S1-3 seasons, S6 is my favourite, and I'll be overjoyed to see that back on the screens. :D *Continues to kick self for taping over his tapes of the original CITV episodes* >.<

Porsmond - in regards to Duncan's death... I don't think having the other 2 advisors actually doing anything would have done too much (although they were pretty much deadwood on the team). Part of the problem was Duncan's lack of response, especially when timing was of the essence. He needed t be able to think and act for himself when the time called for it, and when he was asked to halt, it was as if he didn't even hear the advisor (though he should have been told to get ready to halt, or at least have the advisor(s) counting down the levels to let him know when to call "halt" ).
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

Advisor on the right didnt say a word for the entire quest, girl in the middle only guided when prompted by Treguard :S
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

I was kinda hoping the death sequence would have been a little more interesting to watch, but I guess a disappearing act works OK....

It was rather funny to watch Lord Fear immitate Skarkill in the eyeglass sequence though, for some reason that was the highlight of the episode to me, lol.

*thinks* there was something else about this episode I was supposed to remember but can't put my finger on it, lol.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

On the spoilers front, I've been starting these threads early partly so people who watch the 10am showing and wish to comment afterward can do so. Some people aren't around in the evenings to comment. I often watch the 10am edition myself and feel like commenting while it's fresh in my mind. To be fair, since the threads- well, at least the ones I start- are clearly and correctly marked with the episode number and date, it's fair to expect that they'll contain information about that episode within them. If you don't want to know about what happens in the episode, don't read the thread!

On the episode, I obviously agree with people about how imbalanced this team were. Two people who say next to nothing isn't good news for any challenge. Whenever the camera went to Deborah (sp?), she always seemed to have her mouth open too. That'll be a bit embarrassing for her if she ever sees it again, I would think.  

The next team are quite good- at least they try to get involved. I do like the structure of what's put in front of them. The spyglass scene is one of my favourites for gameplay value- it's not a completely superfluous scene, but nor is it immeditely obvious what the crucial pieces of information are. So it encourages thinking and sifting through the information both now and when situations arise. Good stuff, I like that, and I wish the spyglass scenes had been more like it generally.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]