Series 8 - Episode 7

TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 8 Ep 7 *No Spoilers please this time!!!*

Post by TheBrollachan » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:31 pm

I would have liked it if they had exited via the door only to find themselves in a bomb room (series 1-3) with no exit.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.

Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:23 pm

I think a harsher Treguard works better, basic rules should be in the player's minds, really. As long as the harsh-ness is consistent...
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'

MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:19 pm

If a team has one or two objects when they go to the next level, the objects get discarded as they can't take them into the next level. Or does that only apply for earlier series'?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"

knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

[Message split from 'Series 8 Ep 8 *No Spoilers please this time!!!*']

Post by knightmaredave » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:37 pm

i would like to know why mikes team didnt get any float spell wonder why thats why they went for the door and got fire balled??
knightmaredave

knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: What did team 4 in series 8 do wrong?

Post by knightmaredave » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:43 am

I think it might have been the suspence of the troll that made them panic(ok they weren't the brigtest bunch!) so they wen through the door and BONG wghich for me was quitye a shock to be fried! But if thry had maybe stood on the trap door and pointed the reach wand hmm it might have worked, ok it would have ben a nasty fall but whenn is landing in level 3 a pleasant experience???

Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: What did team 4 in series 8 do wrong?

Post by Pooka » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:06 pm

Wasn't there one other team in series 8 who didn't use any sort of floatation and still managed to make a safe descent through levels?

Team 3 used a RISKY potion to open the trapdoor but that seemed to only open the door and not actually aid them in floating. Hordriss didn't mention anything about floating to them in the descent from 2 to 3 either... he just opened the door for them. So Treguard's comment ("FLOAT spell or no FLOAT spell...") is perfectly justified as a previous team has demonstrated you don't need one to take a nasty, but not fatal, fall.

I think the Stinkwort was a red herring and that the Brain Pills were meant for Sidriss, but that by giving her the answers the team nullified this anyway - giving her the Brain Pills would have gotten her past Snapper-Jack but they did that another way. Either way, they helped Sidriss and she gave them what they needed; I don't think she would have given them anything else in particular.

What's sad about this quest is the fact that they'd finished Level 2 and their only mistake wasn't going into Level 3. They'd cleared all the challenges, so what was stopping Treguard making his comment before they died - "FLOAT spell or no FLOAT spell, there's only one way to Level 3, so why don't you take it?" Interesting.

I do like the death though. It may not be particularly fair, but they were killed off by making a mistake, and this was a real, deadly booby trap - not something Knightmare often has to offer.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.

Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 8 - Episode 7

Post by Canadanne » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:32 pm

Tom41 wrote:Classic lines today:
"Is that K-N..." "Ooh! Don't do it now!"
What's funnier is the way she adds "You don't want *us* to be... bound!" and totally cracks up. ;D

So, erm, when Treguard says "I can never tell what girls are going to do next!" and Majida replies "You can say that again, Mr Treguard!" with raised eyebrow, what are we supposed to infer happens next?! (I bet he's not expecting her to spellcast KNOT...)