Treasures Of The Mindlord

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Treasures Of The Mindlord

Post by Ironlord »

I've had a scour through the boards and there's no refernece to this show anywhere. So, I'll kick it off. Does anyone remember anything about this show?

What I remember is:

- It predated Knightmare (and a quick Google search says the one series was made in 1986)
- The Mindlord (known as Enyon if I remember rightly - this was 20 years ago!) wore a huge, triangular hat that looked like a bishop's mitre that had put on a lot of weight...
- The kids were not blindfolded à la KM, but were guided by a computer telling them where to go
- There was a section which included quiz questions, and the timer was represented by some crude BBC Micro graphics of a stick-figure sitting on a chair, and the blue background was erased either by the walls closing in, or a Pac-Man eating the scenery from the top...
- The command "Go towards the flashing lights" invariably resulted in the kid being shunted into a "time tunnel" which... again, if I remember rightly, resulted in a second team beginning their quest. I know the time tunnel's right, but I'm not sure of what happened once the team were in it...
- The final part of the programme consisted of the kid in question picking up various gold objects, and being awarded 5 to 20 credits for each one...

It all gets hazy from here. IF there were two teams then whichever was the winner presumably was the team with more credits...

It seems UKGameshows has only just been made aware of its existence, as its page is minimal:
http://www.ukgameshows.com/index.php/Tr ... e_Mindlord
They doesn't even realise that it was networked. Maybe not nationwide, but it was certainly shown on Anglia; but for a brief two-month timeout in 2000, it was my local ITV channel for 23 years...

The only short bit on info I can find on TOTM is a TV Ark page containing a short clip:
http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/itvsouthwest/t ... ammes.html
This page reveals a serious problem: TOTM was made by TSW, which lost its ITV franchise in 1993. The clip doesn't reveal all that much except that it probably appealed to me due to its general computeryness. Not that I ever had a BBC Model B.

Anyone who remembers this show, post about it here, and maybe we can help out UKGameshows fill in their page!
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Treasures Of The Mindlord

Post by HStorm »

Hmm, nope. I was still living in the TSW region at the time, but TOTM rings no bells for me.

From that page though, Gus Honeybun is familiar; he was 'guest of honour' at my school fete when I was about 5. Surprised to discover that Ed Welch wrote his theme song, but I can't deny Gus'd have made a pretty horrifying KM monster...
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

HStorm wrote: Hmm, nope. I was still living in the TSW region at the time, but TOTM rings no bells for me.
I'd like to think this means you were just not watching it.

But I can't get the bizarre idea out of my head that TSW made the programme and then forgot to broadcast it in their own region...
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

I sent what I wrote at the top to UKGameshows.com.

And they read, and they noted...

http://www.ukgameshows.com/page/index.p ... e_Mindlord