Goldyard

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Goldyard

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

Type in www.goldyard.net and you'll find yourself face to face with a Knightmare style game. Okay - it's not exactly Knightmare but the Skulls are slightly reminiscent of catacombites and skeletrons. The doors, tables, fireplaces etc are very KM-esque. Squint, and you could be playing KM the game.
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Goldyard

Post by DavidNewton »

It does look a lot like it. Well done.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

damn you. I'm addicted.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Don't talk to me about addiction - having completed it several times, I now keep trying to do it in the quickest time possible. I really want to get the full game but don't want to spend 5$ on it. I've looked on Kazaa but no-one seems to have it does anybody know any other download programs I might be able to obtain it from?
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Arcengal »

Wow. One of the best little games I've played in ages.

The music is good. And that room with the Gate Key in it, when I saw that big ghost I thought "Oh (censored), this is like Knightmare! I must have forgotten the spell/object I need to scare him away!" but I got past him.

Did anyone notice the hidden healing potion in the area with two ghosts just after the area with the gate? It's hidden behind a tree in the top right of the screen.

*edit* Wouldn't it have been so much cooler if life force went down with time though? And if the face was the life indicator? That would have rocked!
Last edited by Arcengal on 21 Feb 2003, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
4 line sigs yada yada yada
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

It'd be absolutely brilliant if someone could make a game similar to this but on a definite Knightmare theme - with character interaction etc. Does anyone have the know-how to do this - it'd nearly be as cool as a new series. Has anyone played White Devil's game; I can never get it to work?
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I found the hidden healing potion!!!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

I could do a Knightmare game in MMFusion, but I've always maintained that a KM game would never work (I won't give the whole argument again here). Something KM-themed in this game style would be good, though - especially the causeways.

Who knows, I might give it a try, though my graphics are none too good.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!