Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Post by DarkComet »

First person horror adventure by Frictional Games, the people who worked on the Penumbra series. You explore a castle, constantly trying to keep one step ahead of some malignant horrific something that wants to do you in. You have no weapons, and the only way to stay alive when dealing with the shambling parodies of humanity that skulk through the corridors is to run and hide and hope to the God that doesn't exist that they do not find you because if they do you will die alone and crying and forgotten at the hands of something terrible that hates you and wants you to DIE

... yeah. It's no exagerration to say that this is quite possibly the scariest game I have ever played. And it is MAGNIFICENT. An indie adventure has succeeded where so many A-List Shooters has totally failed - creating a genuine atmosphere of fear and terror. THIS is what a Knightmare for adults should be like.

Don't believe me? Check out the prison section. There is a reason why I call this "the dungeon".
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows