Unintended Knightmare references: Ace Lightning

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Unintended Knightmare references: Ace Lightning

Post by Malefact »

It's funny but I don't really go in for fantasy stuff - Km is the massive exception (because it's compulsive and tense viewing, and I've always liked the undercurrent of sci-fi that runs though it such as the fire in Treguard's antechamber being indelibly linked with time, plus the blatant parodies such as Lord Fear's Shell Phone!).

There is an augmented reality drama series on CBBC (I can't remember its name) whose plot consists of some computer-generated baddies in the real world. Their leader is called Lord Fear!

Meh! Someone got there before you!  ;D
Subject to change.
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare references

Post by MPK »

Malefact, ur thinking of Ace Lightning, I have never seen it though. Puts me off as there is only one true Lord Fear!

As for Labyrinth- great film, cool songs! ("You remind me of the babe!")
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

That's the one! Thanks for that. I saw the first episode (without knowing about the plagiarised moniker) to see what it was like. I didn't really like it.
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I remember seeing that when I was working at the Village Hotel! I watched a whole ep and went BAH!
I hated it. Lord Fear is the skellybob in the top hat, right?

Damn replicaaaaaaa...
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Yep, he is indeed, he's ridiculous.

Damn - all the KM references I was thinking of have already been taken! Especially The D&D film one (atrocious film, by the way...)

And Labyrinth IS good.

"What babe?"
"The babe with the power."
"What power?..."
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

I remember seeing that when I was working at the Village Hotel! I watched a whole ep and went BAH!
Considering I am anti most modern Children's TV, I actually quite like Ace Lightning. I remember catching the tail-end of an advert for it and hearing Lord Fear mentioned and I got rather excited for obvious reasons. Then I realised that they had "stolen" the name and I dismissed the programme as another dire rip off, but then after a while I decided to give it a go.
I expected to moan the entire way through it, as you do when you are determined to hate something, but it was really rather good. It's not KM and it never will be, but at least if I am really bored at around 4.30pm in the afternoon, there is at least one programme on BBC/ITV that I will watch...hang on...they've revamped Thomas the Tank...make that two!  ;D
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"