Unintended Knightmare references on TV: Fawlty Towes

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Unintended Knightmare references on TV: Fawlty Towes

Post by Velda »

My contribution is a bit daft 'cause it's not really a Knightmare reference, but it does make me think about it!

In the Fawlty Towers episode 'Basil The Rat', Basil Fawlty looks under the table where a couple are trying to order their meal and says "I think there might be a bread roll" (he's lying, it's Manuel's rat that's under the table).  It makes me think of a dungeoneer spotting a bread roll on the floor - mad, eh?

I've also seen Labyrinth, but only once and it was ages ago on ITV!  It's about time they repeated it - I need to record it!
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:Unintended KM References

Post by Velda »

In the episode of Fawlty Towers "Basil The Rat", Basil and Manuel are looking for said rat in the dining room and looking under tables. The man at one table thinks that Basil is looking at his wife's legs, and Basil makes some excuse about seeing a bread roll under the table (meaning the rat). It's not that obvious, but I always think of KM for some reason...must be the bread roll on the floor reference :D