Series 9

How might you change Knightmare if a new series were to be made?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Series 9

Post by HStorm »

The Brollachan wrote: There was rumours that the short-cut may have become a permenant feature and a new level 4 introduced.
If there really were any such rumours (and I certainly haven't heard them before), then rumours are all they were. There were no developments for season 9 at all, not even any new concept work.

I disagree that Knightmare should have lasted an hour per episode. It would start to grate. Maybe the occasional 45-minute special e.g. at the start and end of seasons. But most episodes were about 25 minutes, and that was enough of a fix while still leaving us wanting more.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Well I heard this via 'mysteria' in the by-passing levels thread (if I can remember the correct thread).
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I think 30 minutes (minus adverts) would be a nice time for a episode. The problem is that there are more adverts than programs on telly these days. If I could have one thing my way it would be not to have the eps split up by adverts halfway through - who wants the tension shattered by Insurance Claims ads? :-\
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Although if BBC2 get it (here's hoping) then There wont be any breaks halfway, including loan ones. Also everyone who has access to a tv can watch it.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

The dosage of the new series is critical, I think. I would imagine, though, that if the new series is live then episodes will be shown daily. The slight danger here is of overkill but I'm sure that will be looked into closely - if it hasn't already.
Subject to change.
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

I really hope it isn't on every day. I don't think it would have enough mass appeal to be shown daily - despite its quality. A daily showing might kill it, for two reasons: 1) Over-showing could make the audience grow tired of it, as you say.
2) Daily live shows might seem hurriedly put together, marring the quality of what SHOULD be an awesome programme.

I doubt Knightmare VR will be anything more than a cult show, and that's how it should be. I would like, half an hour of unbroken questing, once a week (Friday evening, ideally), 16-25 episodes per series.
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.