BBC Switch

How might you change Knightmare if a new series were to be made?
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

BBC Switch

Post by TheBrollachan »

OK a bit random and a very long shot, but the BBC has announced a new multi-platform offering for teenagers known as 'BBC Switch'. It's aimed at 12 to 16 year olds and it's BBC Two slot appears to be Saturday afternoons.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressr ... itch.shtml

I wonder if Knightmare (or Timegate) would be suited to this new strand?
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:BBC Switch

Post by sozboz »

'Signs of Life' sounds interesting.

I think if Knightmare was to come back on telly in its original form it would most likely be from an aged 8 and upwards demographic (the ages kids start to get into Knights, fantasy adventures etc) and as far I can't see that happening for a long time (though it has happened before - Jackanory for example).
Malice's loyal subject
TheMightyMartin
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re:BBC Switch

Post by TheMightyMartin »

The trouble is that Jackanory was still immensely popular, meaning a guaranteed large audience. Whilst Knightmare was popular in its day it currently has a following that could only really be considered a niche market and as such would probably be a big financial risk for anyone to take on.

Although I do of course love the idea of a new version of Knightmare (if it's done right) I seriously think our efforts would be better spent pushing for more repeats. At least if we could get them shown on a more mainstream channel it might interest more bigwigs in putting in the cash for a new series.
"I love a girl with spirit. It's great fun breaking it!"