Knightmare Audio Series: Series 2 Episode 1

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Audio Series: Series 2 Episode 1

Post by GranitasIsCute »

The second series has begun!

Series 2 Episode 1 of the Knightmare Audio Series is now available to listen to at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com
The episode will also be available soon at our YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/KnightmareAudio

The Knightmare Audio Series portrays the gameplay from Knightmare entirely through audio. Give it a try and let us know what you think! :)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare Audio Series

Post by Canadanne »

Nice idea including the wall monster from Adventure Time in TES! :) Perhaps Queen Kalina will make an appearance at some point?

I must say these things are getting incredibly smutty of late! :P
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare Audio Series

Post by HStorm »

That scene with Marta... dear oh dear...
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
TheOldenDays
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Audio Series: Series 2 Episode 1

Post by TheOldenDays »

We've had a lot of fun making the series over the past 6 years, but what do I really think of it? Find out now in Jake's Throwback Reviews!

Episode: Series 2, Episode 1
Original Release Date: 17th August 2013
Throwback Review Date: 2nd April 2016
Score: 3 out of 5 (good)

The Good: I think this episode manages to some extent to evoke the excitement and expectation that always accompanied a new series of Knightmare – the promise of further revelations about Captain Nemanor's new arrangements with Maldame and old adventures with Hordriss should bring listeners flocking back for more, if nothing else!

Ben Fieldhouse does some very good work as Ethan, especially when Marta is making him feel uncomfortable. (The stuff with Marta might be a bit too risqué for some tastes, but I think it's funny!) I like the Gumboil scene, although I think I did his voice too deep in this series. The debut of the Hall of Folly unfolds rather nicely.

The Bad: Some teams sound great together, some teams don't sound so good, and usually this is a complete accident that could never be predicted by hearing the voices individually. The majority of the teams in this second series seem to me to have a really strong group dynamic, due to a combination of good luck, great vocal skills and solid script work.

This is in no way meant as a criticism of any particular actor on the current team, but now that I listen back after hearing the whole of the second series, Ethan and friends don't really gel that well. Undoubtedly this is partly due to bad luck that this particular combination of four voices doesn't go together so well, and partly due to a script that is rather lacklustre in places.

Again, Hordriss does go on a bit. Everything he says is important to establish where the series is going, but the dialogue could do with some rewording and trimming. The same is true of Treguard's exposé at the start of the wall monster room.

Ethan should probably have remarked on the fact that the answer to the first of Phelheim's riddles is also his own surname. The fuse on the bomb should have lit during the massive chunk of dialogue before Ethan leaves the room, rather than been burning all the time.

Conclusion: As with the first episode of the first series, I enjoyed listening to this a bit more than I was expecting to. In some ways it's a strong start to the second series; in other ways it's rather a weak start. I wouldn't offer this episode to showcase the Audio Series at anything like its best, but it sets up the series well and it's pretty good overall.