Knightmare Audio Series: Series 2 Episode 2

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Audio Series: Series 2 Episode 2

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Series 2 Episode 2 of the Knightmare Audio Series is now available to listen to at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com
The episode will also be available soon at our YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/KnightmareAudio

The Knightmare Audio Series portrays the gameplay from Knightmare entirely through audio. Give it a try and let us know what you think! :)
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Audio Series

Post by GranitasIsCute »

I think it was great to hear so much vocal variety in this episode, with a massive cast! Thanks to all the actors for bringing the episode to life.

I'm looking forward to editing Megan's quest and I hope you're looking forward to hearing how she does! :D
TheOldenDays
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Audio Series: Series 2 Episode 2

Post by TheOldenDays »

We've had a lot of fun making the series over the past 6 years, but what do I really think of it? Find out now in Jake's Throwback Reviews!

Episode: Series 2, Episode 2
Original Release Date: 19th October 2013
Throwback Review Date: 3rd April 2016
Score: 3 out of 5 (good)

The Good: The opening is quick and slick and does its job well – so much better than all the crawling preamble in the first series! We get our pay-off with Maldame, Captain Nemanor and Hordriss; I still think it's a good set-up for the series. Amy Davies makes her show-stealing debut in a non-team member role, this time doing wonderful things with Heggatty.

Towards the end of the episode we start to get some very nice use of background music, which is a really good bit of editorial advancement in this series. We only get a taster of them here, but the three new actors joining me on Megan's team (Catie Clark, Antony Rowe and Cassandra Smith) all sound absolutely brilliant – fresh, genuine and charismatic.

The Bad: The conversation between Hordriss and Captain Nemanor is not what it should be; it needs to be funnier or shorter, or maybe both. I quite like the actual dialogue in the remainder of Ethan's quest, but for whatever reason the script is not quite catching fire as it should.

Conclusion: Okay, so the series has been quite nicely set up and the second quest has begun; there is a promise of great things to come, and it's a promise that will not be broken.