Magic

Games to amuse and entertain.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Magic

Post by Fidjit »

How many spells do any of you know... I'd list a lot but I'd leave that job to all of you lot. I will help on a few occasions though...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Lord_Bob

Re: Magic

Post by Lord_Bob »

FREE
SHOVEL (SPADE ;D)
FIRE
SESAME
BUT
TRANSFORM
FREEZE
MEDAL
HEAL
BIG
KNIGHT
HEROS
DISMISS
FROG
DANCE
DRAIN

I would list more but I am in a hurry, still I got the list started off ;D
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Nice goin'  ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

FREEZER, FLARE, ITCH, ANVIL, FLAME, FREEZE, ENERGY, WELL, OPPOSITE, AVAUNT, UNITAS, FREE, DOWN, TRUTH, RUST, RETURN, UNITE, DISMISS, DRINK, SPEED, BIG, GHOST, DANCE, TWIST, SHOVEL, CURE, MEDICINE, DOOR, REVEAL, DASH, BURST, BUT, TRANSFORMATION, RUN, FIRE, SESAME, PIXEL, SAMURAI, TRICK, TREAT, GROWME, HERO, LOOK, VISOR, CREEP, BLINK, SHIELD, SHUNT, DISSOCIATE, STOP, HIDE, ISOLATE, MASS, SUSPEND, WEIGHTLESS, CERTAIN, FLOAT, FLIGHT and FOLD to name a few.
Subject to change.
Fan
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fan »

That's a great list. ::)
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hehe, thanks. :D
Subject to change.
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

What about Merlin's VIM and ERG spells? (and ENERGY too, but that doesn't sound as good) ;-)
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

FREEZER, FLARE, ITCH, ANVIL, FLAME, FREEZE, ENERGY, WELL, OPPOSITE, AVAUNT, UNITAS, FREE, DOWN, TRUTH, RUST, RETURN, UNITE, DISMISS, DRINK, SPEED, BIG, GHOST, DANCE, TWIST, SHOVEL, CURE, MEDICINE, DOOR, REVEAL, DASH, BURST, BUT, TRANSFORMATION, RUN, FIRE, SESAME, PIXEL, SAMURAI, TRICK, TREAT, GROWME, HERO, LOOK, VISOR, CREEP, BLINK, SHIELD, SHUNT, DISSOCIATE, STOP, HIDE, ISOLATE, MASS, SUSPEND, WEIGHTLESS, CERTAIN, FLOAT, FLIGHT and FOLD to name a few.
Is that all? (;D)
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

BUT

Post by Drassil »

ADORE
TOAD (inaccurately dispelled as DOAT)
Plus some Latin incantations?

Since the subject of magic has been raised, I'd be very interested to hear people's opinions on how the BUT spell would have worked. It was never cast, and apparently, it would have subdued Mogdred (!), but the Team who had it tried to use TRANSFORMATION against Mogdred instead, failing because it took too long to spellcast. BUT (or maybe it has two Ts) was described by Hordriss as 'quite humble'; it has always intrigued me.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Moana Liza: Those were the only ones I could remember off the top of my head. :)

Drassil: You know, I'm sure that spell was meant to be BUTT and not BUT (as in head-butt) which would make it offensive and therefore suitable for use against Mogdred. The fact, though, that Hordriss described TRANSFORMATION as the powerful spell was rather misleading - the team would obviously choose the most powerful spell to use against Mogdred because it's, well, Mogdred!
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: BUT

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Since the subject of magic has been raised, I'd be very interested to hear people's opinions on how the BUT spell would have worked. It was never cast, and apparently, it would have subdued Mogdred (!), but the Team who had it tried to use TRANSFORMATION against Mogdred instead, failing because it took too long to spellcast. BUT (or maybe it has two Ts) was described by Hordriss as 'quite humble'; it has always intrigued me.
I've always said that BUT might have either given them enough time to escape Mogdred for the time being or given them enough time to cast TRANSFORMATION.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Interesting theories - thank you. I can't readily imagine BUTT having a 'humble' function. Perhaps BUT would have 'humbly' planted a seed of doubt in Mogdred's mind, leading him to say something like, 'But why should I kill you so soon? Take a moment for your last words', giving the Team time, as GG suggests, to cast TRANSFORMATION. And even what that spell could have done to intimidate or thwart Mogdred, is anyone's guess!
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

FREEZER was the first ever spell used by a team in Knightmare (Series 1 Team 3) and BURST the last (Series 8 Team 7 - though that spell was self-activating).

No-one has yet mentioned the SHROUD incident with Mogdred (Series 2 Team 7) or my personal favourite, FILLET (from Series 8 Team 4).
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

TOAD (inaccurately dispelled as DOAT)
I don't think they had to spell it backwards, merely misspell it.  Most teams did dispell by reading backwards, or close enough, probably because they had the spell written on their notepads and it was easiest to read the letters backwards. ;-)

Zagor:
No-one has yet mentioned the SHROUD incident with Mogdred

An absolute classic Knightmare moment, with Treguard's groaning becoming a not-so-subtle hint ;-)  I feel sorry for him, he's supposed to be unconcious and yet the production team and trying to urge him into giving the team a prod in the right direction - great to watch.

That's why I want Challenge? to show Series 2 ;-)
Last edited by Dan on 13 Nov 2003, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Zagor:
No-one has yet mentioned the SHROUD incident with Mogdred

An absolute classic Knightmare moment, with Treguard's groaning becoming a not-so-subtle hint ;-)  I feel sorry for him, he's supposed to be unconcious and yet the production team and trying to urge him into giving the team a prod in the right direction - great to watch.
I just say that either the team were being extremely slow, paying no attention at all (well, they are the ones who had the SPADE incident  ::) ), or it was deliberately scripted for them to "forget" the O. Seemed a bit silly to me, really...

And in regards to "BUT", I repeat what I said in another thread about it - I think that if it were spelt with two T's, something large would have appeared and sat on Mogdred. :) I do like the "But should I really kill the dungeoneer so quickly?" idea! :D