Dishing the dirt

Posts by cast, crew and contestants
ross
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re:Dishing the dirt

Post by ross »

Heres another question for you then.

Have you got your breath back from doing the block and tackle? ;) ;) ;)
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Stories have emerged before now of particular teams getting second chances. For example, there's this on knightmare.com:
In June 2001 I received an e-mail from Gavin Gillespie, the dungeoneer in [Team 1 of Series 3]. He said that they actually died on the serpent's tongue but were allowed to carry on because the next team had not yet arrived at the studios!
However, I for one didn't realise that all teams were allowed a second chance. It would be interesting to hear how your team's second chance came about, if you had one!
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Thequietone »

Yeah, would be cool 8) to hear more about the lives thing....
... keep dishing that dirt! ;D

.. yeah, looks like i'm back and late as usual ;)
Latecomer to every interesting thread and hardly ever here, not really a forum person and not a good writer either, often misphrases or says totally the wrong thing..... forgive me people, I'm u
Giles
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Giles »

"It would be interesting to hear how your team's second chance came about, if you had one!"

I fell off the turn table in the first room. it was nerves really. I stepped on,lost my footing and went off. We went back into the "green room" area and as you can imagine the rest of the team weren't too happy with me. Then the director came in and told us everyone got a second chance and it wouldn't be good viewing if everyone died on the first level!
ross
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by ross »

To be fair though if you've ever tried to step onto one of those spinning things (especially at theme parks at water rides) its difficult enough to keep your balance when you can see. (And is by far the most interesting part of the ride.)

When blind folded it would be very difficult. Thats an evil first room to have in series 4.

Oh and you still haven't answered the question about the block and tackle. Have you got your breath back yet?
Last edited by ross on 07 Feb 2006, 23:26, edited 1 time in total.
Giles
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Giles »

Ha ha! Yes, there was abreak between most rooms. Though I have a feeling the block and tackle and the room that followed didn't use props and so they were recorded together. both those rooms were very intense. filming was done over 4 days.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I agree with ross - I wouldn't blame anyone for stumbling when stepping on or off a revolving disc. It happened to quite a few dungeoneers.

However, you reveal something in your knightmare.com guestbook entry that I'm guessing didn't happen to many dungeoneers:
I was the guy in the helmet. I broke the helmet too
This would certainly be an interesting tale to dish the dirt on! Plus, your earlier comments about almost losing your arm and not being shown walking away (which I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out) are still intriguing. ;)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

Would love to hear about breaking the helmet!

Eep! Agree with ross and Drassil-I imagine all of the dungeon set would take a bit of getting used to, especially if you can't see what's going on. It would have been awful if a tiny mistake like that had ruined your quest.
Whereever you go, there you are
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Dishing the dirt

Post by Drassil »

Giles wrote:I was on Knightmare (team [8], 1990 apparently). It was alot of fun. lots of things happened that you never get to hear about.

Want to know why they never showed us walking away like they did with everyone else?
It took nearly ten whole years but we now have the answer, thanks to Giles being a guest on the Back To The Eighties podcast last week. That answer is too incredible for me to spoil, so I encourage you to listen to the podcast and hear it from Mr. Milner himself. He speaks very kindly about Knightmare fans and our impact on him as well.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:
Giles wrote:I was on Knightmare (team [8], 1990 apparently). It was alot of fun. lots of things happened that you never get to hear about.

Want to know why they never showed us walking away like they did with everyone else?
It took nearly ten whole years but we now have the answer, thanks to Giles being a guest on the Back To The Eighties podcast last week. That answer is too incredible for me to spoil, so I encourage you to listen to the podcast and hear it from Mr. Milner himself.
Didn't Giles or Brett already explain that on the forum somewhere? I can't find it now, but I had definitely read it before. Great to hear him on the podcast, though - it's well worth a listen!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Canadanne wrote:
Drassil wrote:

It took nearly ten whole years but we now have the answer, thanks to Giles being a guest on the Back To The Eighties podcast last week. That answer is too incredible for me to spoil, so I encourage you to listen to the podcast and hear it from Mr. Milner himself.
Didn't Giles or Brett already explain that on the forum somewhere? I can't find it now, but I had definitely read it before.
Ahh, I found it eventually! They hinted at the reason when I asked about it here (and Brett also emailed me with the answer).
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thank you. I'm not sure how I overlooked that detail at the time. Still, it is fun to hear Giles talking about his Knightmare experiences in the way he does, and I hope people will listen to the podcast. I do have a Knightmare.com article in the works that will give it wider publicity than a forum thread can.
s4t8brett
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by s4t8brett »

I don't remember Giles falling off the Spindizzy, although it took around 5 minutes including Treguard's introduction and was drastically cut due to the timing on episode 14; I think Giles' recollection of being pulled up by the producer related to 'throwing a spanner in the works' when he lobbed the spanner across the studio at the last minute, as we were looking for the 'works' into which to throw the spanner. That's when the producer said they always allow one 'Level one boo-boo'. But on neither occasion were the rest of the team annoyed with Giles, or indeed at any other time. It seems sometimes you were wrong for overthinking it on the game ('I don't think you'll find much help from the chest, Brett') while also sometimes wrong if you didn't think enough, or a very similar way to the author ... That's always been the trouble with all these games - role playing, text-based adventure games, as I see it.