Greetings travellers

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
Post Reply
User avatar
BrotherStrange
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:33 pm

Greetings travellers

Post by BrotherStrange » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:58 pm

Greetings travellers,

As a fellow traveller, you will know that I mean you no harm ;)

Hi, I've lurking on this forum for a wee while-- and I think it's excellent! Now to see many fans of Km communing.

As you can probably tell, Brother Strange was my favourite character. I just liked his droll phraseology and arcane ways; plus the concept of a wayfaring monk going around asking for proverbs.

I did prefer him in Se7 when he was less animated and 'cooler'. As it happens Se7 was favourite run of Km, I think it had the best of eveything from the other series; absence of Motley aside, my favourite collection of characters too.

Peace be with you!
I hadn't realised I'd entered the lunatic asylum! No doubt one day you'll be cured, you poor creature

sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 8:12 am

Re:Greetings travellers

Post by sozboz » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:42 pm

Greetings, bro!
Malice's loyal subject

HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight
Posts: 2769
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:12 pm
Location: Salford, UK
Contact:

Re:Greetings travellers

Post by HStorm » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:19 am

Welcome... and beware an old monk in a hurry.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.

User avatar
BrotherStrange
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:33 pm

Re:Greetings travellers

Post by BrotherStrange » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:09 pm

"Monk in hurry": It is from the trolls I flee... know you of trolls? I have lingered here for too long-- pass in peace.
I hadn't realised I'd entered the lunatic asylum! No doubt one day you'll be cured, you poor creature

User avatar
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Posts: 433
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:06 am
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

Re:Greetings travellers

Post by Velda » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:55 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum ;D

User avatar
BrotherStrange
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:33 pm

Re:Greetings travellers

Post by BrotherStrange » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:27 pm

Velda wrote: Hi and welcome to the forum ;D
Velda my most noble wood elf-- much gratitude for your warm welcome.

A question: I know that many dungeoneers/advisors have contributed to the forum-- do any of the cast pay this fine forum a visit?
I hadn't realised I'd entered the lunatic asylum! No doubt one day you'll be cured, you poor creature

Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight
Posts: 1028
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:54 am
Location: Blackpool
Contact:

Re:Greetings travellers

Post by Kieran » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:35 pm

Brother Strange wrote:
Velda wrote: Hi and welcome to the forum ;D
Velda my most noble wood elf-- much gratitude for your warm welcome.

A question: I know that many dungeoneers/advisors have contributed to the forum-- do any of the cast pay this fine forum a visit?
The creator of the show itself Mr Tim Child has been known to frequent these pages.

As for cast members, well people have managed to get in touch with many of them over the years. The closest instance of one of them posting on our forum was when Mark Knight signed up to the old NKTP forums. He was quite a chatter!

Aside from that, welcome to the forum!
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'

User avatar
BrotherStrange
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:33 pm

Re:Greetings travellers

Post by BrotherStrange » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:02 pm

Kieran wrote:
Brother Strange wrote:
Velda wrote: Hi and welcome to the forum ;D
Velda my most noble wood elf-- much gratitude for your warm welcome.

A question: I know that many dungeoneers/advisors have contributed to the forum-- do any of the cast pay this fine forum a visit?
The creator of the show itself Mr Tim Child has been known to frequent these pages.

As for cast members, well people have managed to get in touch with many of them over the years. The closest instance of one of them posting on our forum was when Mark Knight signed up to the old NKTP forums. He was quite a chatter!

Aside from that, welcome to the forum!
Many thanks for that Kieran. I believe Mark Knight is a voice-over artiste in the USA now or something?

I note Cliff Barry is on Facebook, and posted on the site's KM tribute page. He's still acting, makes occasional appearances on British telly.

Often wondered what happened to the others though... (although I do know Hugo Myatt got the Chuckle Brother treatment :D)
I hadn't realised I'd entered the lunatic asylum! No doubt one day you'll be cured, you poor creature

Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight
Posts: 1028
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:54 am
Location: Blackpool
Contact:

Re:Greetings travellers

Post by Kieran » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:13 pm

Quite a number of them are still in the acting profession. I believe that Joanne Heywood (Stiletta) recently appeared in Coronation Street as a school teacher.

Mark Knight does indeed live in the USA, his jobs over there have been various over the last few years! He offered to appear as Lord Fear for a KM project of our own once, but alas nothing materialised from it.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'

Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:58 am
Location: Castle Rock
Contact:

Re:Greetings travellers

Post by Ironlord » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:43 am

Brother Strange wrote: "Monk in hurry": It is from the trolls I flee... know you of trolls?
I do.
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!

User avatar
BrotherStrange
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:33 pm

Re:Greetings travellers

Post by BrotherStrange » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:16 pm

Ironlord wrote:
Brother Strange wrote: "Monk in hurry": It is from the trolls I flee... know you of trolls?
I do.
Then you will know of their savagery: Summer is to ice, as troll hammer is to troll.
I hadn't realised I'd entered the lunatic asylum! No doubt one day you'll be cured, you poor creature

darkDescender
Knight
Knight
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:04 pm

Re:Greetings travellers

Post by darkDescender » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:12 am

Yes, hello and welcome. I am dark Descender, romanticist, femenist and counting the days to the release of Fable 2. I just hope Hugo Myatt's in it. Enjoy yourself.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"

User avatar
BrotherStrange
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:33 pm

Re:Greetings travellers

Post by BrotherStrange » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:33 pm

dark Descender wrote: Yes, hello and welcome. I am dark Descender, romanticist, femenist and counting the days to the release of Fable 2. I just hope Hugo Myatt's in it. Enjoy yourself.
Why thank you. Last I heard Mr Myatt was a guest of Brothers Paul and Barry Chuckle. Rotherham's finest moustached vaudevillean entertainers of course.
I hadn't realised I'd entered the lunatic asylum! No doubt one day you'll be cured, you poor creature

Post Reply