WE MADE IT :D

Discussion and posts relating to the 2014 Knightmare Convention in Norwich
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

WE MADE IT :D

Post by dugeoneerborne »

I don't know how or why but we just did :), unless lord fear is playing tricks on us.

http://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2 ... HfWK1M&s=1 :D

Now I'm going to sleep, later all. :D
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: WE MADE IT :D

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Wow!! This is incredible!!! I'm so happy the target has been met. Talk about last minute! ;D
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Greystagg
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Greystagg »

That is absolutely amazing! :D Congratulations to Alan and team. Thank you, mysterious rich anonymous donor.

I bet lots more people want to buy tickets now they're sure it's going ahead. ;)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Amazing moment to wake up to this morning! I was so sure we'd lost when I turned in last night, and now I'm a little bit hyper.

Big kudos should be given to James Aukett for a very handsome donation late on of a thousand, but even more, this "Anne Onymus" lady must have been fantastically generous with her money!

Huge congrats to everyone who helped with donations and promoting the Convention. I'm still not quite sure how we've got here, but the only thing that matters is that we have, and that means Knightmare lives on!
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

Wow. A last minute rush combined with a couple of big spenders - a few days ago, in a moment of mindless optimism, I said this might happen. I must admit to being slightly stunned that it actually did!

Seriously though, this is utterly fantastic news. Well done to Alan and the team. Roll on May!
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
fluttermoth
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by fluttermoth »

This is amazing news! I really thought you weren't going to make it! Knightmare lives on!

I do hope there will be a few more tickets available, as I could only scrape together a tenner to contribute, as [sobstory] my dog is lame and I've just had to spend £300 at the vet's for X-rays and a joint tap, only for the vet to say, "I can't see anything" :'( [/sobstory]
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

fluttermoth wrote:This is amazing news! I really thought you weren't going to make it! Knightmare lives on!

I do hope there will be a few more tickets available, as I could only scrape together a tenner to contribute, as [sobstory] my dog is lame and I've just had to spend £300 at the vet's for X-rays and a joint tap, only for the vet to say, "I can't see anything" :'( [/sobstory]
Sorry to hear that fluttermoth.

As for tickets I need to remind My younger brother as he's a big fan of km as well, shame I can't get My older brother to come ( that would be 3 atleast), guess it might just be Me again, wonder if I'd have to guide Myself through a room in the dungeon ), still if km does return fully due to this maybe I'll get to try the whole dungeon ( dependant on how far,I get ), then again though wouldn't we all :).
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.
TimeMaster
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TimeMaster »

Well done to everyone who worked so hard to make this happen.

I really didn't think it would happen. Have a wonderful time everyone! :)
"Master, Master I know this place! It's the Place of Choice!"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Daphne wrote:Congratulations to Alan and team.
Alan has a habit of winning his quests, one way or another. ;)

Thank you to everyone who made this happen. The depth of support for Knightmare is humbling. There is still much of the mountain for us to get up, but that is how so many episodes of Knightmare started.
malibupete
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by malibupete »

I was perhaps overly cynical at a few points along the line, but I'm really glad this is happening - it's going to be a brilliant day/weekend :)
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I'd like to extend my thanks to everyone that contributed.
Of course, many thanks go to mysterious donator (who shall remain unnamed) and all those who put the big money in.

But many thanks also to those of you who were willing to show faith in the project by even donating small amounts. More than one person publicly attacked us and our approach and it was always comforting to know that for every person attacking us, there were 50 more standing by us.

We're withholding celebrations here at KMCon central until we have the money in our account and until various legal hoops have been jumped through. We also still need to receive formal confirmation from the venue. This is a slightly shaky time where we have everyone's money but cannot (yet) officially meet our obligations, so we're slightly nervous at the moment. In particular, if it now turns out that we cannot put the convention on, people will only receive 90% of what they paid (due to IndieGoGo fees). This is unlikely to be the case, but it's nerve wracking nonetheless.

For those of you who failed to get a ticket - there will be an opportunity for this. Unfortunately, the prices are due to rise, since we promised that people who bought tickets during the campaign would benefit from reduced prices. I know some people in the community have spares and they may be willing to sell you their tickets at cost price. This is the best place to ask.
Alex_Smith
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Alex_Smith »

Does this mean I'm finally going to get to meet you all?
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Drassil wrote:
Daphne wrote:Congratulations to Alan and team.
Alan has a habit of winning his quests, one way or another. ;)

Thank you to everyone who made this happen. The depth of support for Knightmare is humbling. There is still much of the mountain for us to get up, but that is how so many episodes of Knightmare started.
I echo everything you say. It's so good that Knightmare is held in high regard, even almost after 20 years when series 8 ended. The fire is still burning out bright and long may it continue.

If there is any tickets available, I will do my best to go! In the meantime a massive well done and thank you to everyone who has made this become a reality.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Does this mean I'm finally going to get to meet you all?
NO! You're not going to meet any of us, we forbid it!

THIS IS OF COURSE A COMPLETE L-... oh, you get the idea.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Wow that's awesome and a bit of a surprise, wasn't expecting it to be honest.
That was a bit of a close finish.

I'll be there on Sunday, doesn't look to be many people on Sunday??

As for available tickets, I hope theses can be sold. It would be better to get people at the event than to have it half empty, but if they're too expensive shifting them might be tricky. Although now the event is pretty much been green-lit it might make selling them easier maybe.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in