WE MADE IT :D

Discussion and posts relating to the 2014 Knightmare Convention in Norwich
deviantgent
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: WE MADE IT :D

Post by deviantgent »

Congratulations to everyone involved for making this happen! Got to say, this was the closest running crowdfunded campaign I've seen succeed. Truly it was meant to be.
The Dunshelm Players - Audio Plays with a Knightmare flavour
Alex_Smith
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Alex_Smith »

HStorm wrote: NO! You're not going to meet any of us, we forbid it!
THIS IS OF COURSE A COMPLETE L-... oh, you get the idea.
Lol, I had that coming, didn't I? :)

I told my other half that I'd be going. She really wants to go too, but she's still housebound :( But she did say to me that she would watch some episodes of Knightmare that night, and then added "which means in a way I'll be with you ... and yet not with you."
Mogdred2k14
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Mogdred2k14 »

(Lightening Strike) ah yes it is I Mogdred in person. I would like to say a Big Congratulations to every knightmare fan there is, was and ever will be. For making this happen, you have given hope to the greatest adventure series in history and I have no doubt that Knightmare shall rise again!

I hope everyone enjoys the experience of the first ever knightmare convention and who knows, this could be the start of many in the future.

I hope to see everyone there and will keep a close eye out for a further ticket.

Also I have no doubt that Mogdred/Merlin (John Woodnutt) himself is looking down on each and every knightmare fan, with his white beard curling in delight and his maniacal smile and laugh, no doubt being very proud of everyone that the knightmare legacy lives on from the past, present and future.

Thanks for reading my first post.

"We shall meet again, I have no doubt, nnhaahhahaah"
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Welcome.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

Hey everyone.

I'm chuffed to bits this in funding terms has made it to fruition. Whether it was just a hard earned pound you gave or you were one of 'the big three' (or the big two and the mahoosive one as a colleague said) is irrelevant you have all played a significant part in the greater game.

I was forced to hold off until the 11th hour as as upto hours before the deadline I did not know of my availiability work wise. Had that failed I would have just gone for dvd and programme at least but thanks to good fortune can now join you all both days.

"We're withholding celebrations here at KMCon central until we have the money in our account and until various legal hoops have been jumped through. We also still need to receive formal confirmation from the venue. This is a slightly shaky time where we have everyone's money but cannot (yet) officially meet our obligations, so we're slightly nervous at the moment. In particular, if it now turns out that we cannot put the convention on, people will only receive 90% of what they paid (due to IndieGoGo fees). This is unlikely to be the case, but it's nerve wracking nonetheless."

Do we know when we will be likely to get get the final 'green light!' here as many will need to start booking transport and their Knight's accomodation asap.

Well done everyone, there is no turning back...mostly...
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Mashibinbin wrote: "We're withholding celebrations here at KMCon central until we have the money in our account and until various legal hoops have been jumped through. We also still need to receive formal confirmation from the venue. This is a slightly shaky time where we have everyone's money but cannot (yet) officially meet our obligations, so we're slightly nervous at the moment. In particular, if it now turns out that we cannot put the convention on, people will only receive 90% of what they paid (due to IndieGoGo fees). This is unlikely to be the case, but it's nerve wracking nonetheless."

Do we know when we will be likely to get get the final 'green light!' here as many will need to start booking transport and their Knight's accomodation asap.

Well done everyone, there is no turning back...mostly...
So far, we've received the money into our paypal account and we've received an oral green light from the studio.

This coming week, I hope to get the company bank account opened and hopefully the paypal funds transferred, to meet with our big donator (just to check that they really REALLY know what they're doing) and visit EPIC with a couple of steering committee members.

I think at that stage we'll be able to say with a sufficient level of certainty that we're all go.

Sorry things are so delayed. It's the consequences of there being such a big rush at the end.
haymansafc
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by haymansafc »

Given the amount of money needed with barely 24 hours to go, I was genuinely surprised the target was met. I fully expected it to fall short. Not just short, but short by quite some margin which Knightmare really didn't deserve. Not after everything we've all gone though and certainly not after it's exposure on Geek Week last year. I was absolutely gutted with only around 24 hours to go... I really thought 'that was that' and that distant spec of light at the end of the long tunnel signaling a possible return was going to go out for good...

So when I logged on the following day after the deadline to find it had been met, I can't quite put into words what I was feeling! :) I was absolutely thrilled to bits and I'm made up for everyone who has been involved.

Whoever the big donators were really do deserve a huge pats on the back and a handshake from every one of us...

Unfortunately I've got an awful lot of commitments (family and financial) coming up over the next couple of weeks so I do highly doubt I'm going to be able to make the event. However I sincerely hope it's a great time for everyone who will be there. If I'm not there in body, I'll certainly be there in mind, that's for sure...

Please take lots of pictures...!
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Loooooooooooong time no visit..!

So I'm one of the annoying types who left it late before booking (but I did successfully refer a friend!) but I had good reasons. I think..

So whilst I'm aware there aren't any finalised plans yet, is there an idea as to what time things would start on the Saturday? Ta muchly!
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

I'm sure they'll be a full time sheet posted soon as it's all been worked out.

I'm assuming we don't revive a printed ticket in the post? Will are names just be on a list or something and we just 'turn up' ?
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Topic locked.
This is starting to become an unnecessary megathread.

Please start new threads in the new "Knightmare Convention" sub forum.