Knightmare Convention campaign: actors' involvement

Discussion and posts relating to the 2014 Knightmare Convention in Norwich
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Knightmare Convention campaign: actors' involvement

Post by Mystara »

I am pleased to report that Lord Fear will be broadcasting by live video on 18 March 2014 at 7.30 pm to all contributors of the Knightmare Convention.

https://www.facebook.com/Knightmare.CIT ... 6248662712
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare Convention

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Has Hugo, Iona and Mark spread the word about this? They may have access to contacts who can influence people to donate? We may not be reaching people who can actually donate.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

pjmlfc05 wrote:Has Hugo, Iona and Mark spread the word about this? They may have access to contacts who can influence people to donate? We may not be reaching people who can actually donate.
Hugo has no online presence, but he has spread the word to people who do and have promoted us.
Iona, similarly.
Mark, yes, every day (in between looking after HIS family, working a job, running not one but two non-profit foundations, running a show every day, while simultaneously doing video chats, videos, audio snippets, PR releases and quotes for us)
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Mystara wrote:
pjmlfc05 wrote:Has Hugo, Iona and Mark spread the word about this? They may have access to contacts who can influence people to donate? We may not be reaching people who can actually donate.
Hugo has no online presence, but he has spread the word to people who do and have promoted us.
Iona, similarly.
Mark, yes, every day (in between looking after HIS family, working a job, running not one but two non-profit foundations, running a show every day, while simultaneously doing video chats, videos, audio snippets, PR releases and quotes for us)
That's fantastic. I really hope it pays off.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdyYEHu ... youtu.be&a

Mark Knight is pulling out all the stops on YouTube at the moment. Such enthusiasm and he was never a kid while the show was on!

Come on, everybody, if he can find time to keep making vids and promote this Convention, we can all at least help spread the word. Get on Twitter (set up an account if you don't already have one) and just Tweet a couple of times a day about it. Plug it on Facebook. If you have a website, put a link to the Indiegogo site on it, and give the link top billing. (We did that on the Dunshelm Players site about two weeks ago. It doesn't take long, and if it leads to even one person making a donation, it's worth it), keep making occasional donations to make sure the total continues to tick over - the more it moves, the more it will give the impression to undecideds that there's hope - and just tell people about it by word-of-mouth.

Maybe the more artistic amongst us can design a template for leaflets that we can all print and distribute locally? Maybe skilled YouTubers on here can make a vid that the rest of us can mirror to increase coverage?

But please, I'm begging you, don't just sit on your hands. This really is - please forgive such a dreary cliche - the moment of truth. If we don't hit the target in the next five days, that will be it. Knightmare really will be done forever.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

HStorm wrote:Come on, everybody, if he can find time to keep making vids and promote this Convention, we can all at least help spread the word.
Mark Knight who: Has a family, has limited money, struggles for time (as he has a job, runs two foundations, puts a show on every night, has to look after this family ) and still manages to find the time to offer us such endless support.
But please, I'm begging you, don't just sit on your hands. This really is - please forgive such a dreary cliche - the moment of truth. If we don't hit the target in the next five days, that will be it. Knightmare really will be done forever.
As Mark Knight also points out in his video. If we don't make it, we're finished.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

A message from Lord Fear for anyone who can't be there at the appropriate hour; you can still help.
Attachments

[The extension mp4 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Martin wrote:Just shared this with den of geek and see what they do
I've seen more than one tweet go in Den of Geek's direction. Having publicised Knightmare Live (Kickstarter and finished product) and Geek Week Knightmare, I for one thought they'd jump at the chance to get behind the convention, but apparently not. Their stamp of approval could have been highly beneficial.
pjmlfc05 wrote:Has Hugo, Iona and Mark spread the word about this?
Mark Knight, who recently rejoined the forum for at least the second time, appears to be having fun with his @LordFearIsBack account on Twitter. I hope that he will continue with it after the campaign is over. Either way, he has been both tweeting and passing on the tweets of others, finally disproving a certain elf's assertion that the Opposition isn't exactly famous for retweeting.
Chris wrote:Let's not get too downhearted. If this doesn't happen, yes it will be extremely disappointing and a big missed opportunity but we'll still always have Knightmare. If we don't get the chance to celebrate the show all together in Norwich then we'll just have to continue doing it in our own way
There's truth in what you say. Even with no KnightFayre this year we'll still have David Rowe's book giving us mindblowing insights, Knightmare Live bringing watchers together with good cheer, Challenge repeats reaching old fans and new, episodes on ITV Player, the possibility of more Lord Fear video chat, and Knightmare's online presence (which I've always found very fulfilling no matter what) carrying on much as it did before. Maybe Game of Thrones will feature another Knightmare actor too.

Yet it's not about downheartedness. It's about wanting to do the best for Knightmare and facing the failure of that, however we may feel about it. A lot of time and effort has been put into the convention planning (mainly by Alan, who probably won't get the credit he deserves for getting us this far), meaning a lot of wastage if victory isn't ours. Be we pessimists or optimists, the fact is that an unsuccessful end to the Indiegogo campaign would mean that we won't be giving as much back to Knightmare as we could and should. Knightmare in turn will then have less to give us.
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

Created a topic on imdb km message board (see what happens) and made one more pledge, made a plea to den of geek as well earlier today, no reply as of yet.

Does anyone have time childs email or a way to contact him?, if we could send the message to him and if he could make a vid like Mark Knight did who knows how much that could help, I'm still sharing this as much as I can on fb and twitter.
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

dugeoneerborne wrote:Does anyone have time childs email or a way to contact him?, if we could send the message to him and if he could make a vid like Mark Knight did who knows how much that could help, I'm still sharing this as much as I can on fb and twitter.
Yes, and no, I don't think we should do that.
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

Mystara wrote:
Yes, and no, I don't think we should do that.
Ok & I guess it makes sense, he might get the wrong message if we try.

I just submitted this news article to yahoo news, I don't know if they'll reply but if they do that will help our chances massively.
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.