Best year

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.

knightmares best year was

6%
18%
24%
No votes
No votes
35%
18%
No votes

Total votes: 17

Sb04
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Best year

Post by Sb04 »

just wondering what was the most popular year
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Best year

Post by HStorm »

The question's slightly open to interpretation. The BEST year, in my opinion, was 1989. But my FAVOURITE (not quite the same thing) was 1988. And as you said you wanted to know which was the most popular, I decided to go with 88. ;)
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

My particular interpretation is that 1987 is the best because it was the year the show started - 1987 is the precedent.
Subject to change.
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

I'd need to see more of series 1 to decide properly, but 2 probably has it for me. Fast-paced, challenging for both the guiders and dungeoneers and still pretty darn creepy even when you're a 22-year-old revisiting it. Oh, and they had two outright winners. Can you get better than that? Not much, I'd say...
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

I'm torn between 1991,92 & 93.

1991: Introduction of my two favirote characters

Skarkill & The Lovely Elita *Sigh*

1992: This is The first series I have realy clear deffined memories (appart from certain asspects of the previous 2)

1993: In my mind (Bareing in mind I only saw S3 recently) this untill recently was the best ever seson apprt from Raptor & Nimnore.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

My favorite years are from 1991 to 1994 but my favorite was 1992 because of Series 6.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Um, 1993 in general was a good year (unless you're a champagne buff), and it still had Knightmare on, with rather knice graphics.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
frieza
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by frieza »

I think season 7 was my favourite out of them all. Whilst 1989 (season 3) was probably the best, season 7 mixed music, drama and suspense all together. True, the life-force concept had become almost non-existent by this point, and most of the action took place outside the dungeon rather than inside, but it was still fun to watch. The banter between Treguard and Majida was sometimes over-extended, but spiced up otherwise dull moments. And the challenges themselves- trial by spikes, fireball room and the sewers of goth- were both challenging and visually engaging. We could have, perhaps, done without the annoying Fidget and Raptor (who added little to the plot), but Lissard, Marta , Romahna and The Brollachan were some of the best characters in years.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I reacon for me it was probably 1989, because series 3 seems to be the one that sticks in my mind the most. Every room seemed to be different and you wasn't sure what was going to happen next. Eveh going from level to level was not always the same.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I also loved Series 3, It's my personal favourite but I also think it's the best for KM. It was very difficult for the teams, it some great puzzles and tests, wall monsters were good and encounters were fairly original. Mogdred makes some spooky appearances and despite some good teams then no winners give it that undefeated sense. Even rooms used several times in the series seem different each time and I think that's a mark of a good series.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I've gone for S6 because it was (and still is - I've lost count of the number of times I've watched it recently) absolutely frelling brilliant!! ;D IMO, the teams, characters, rooms, challenges and plots were top class!
Sb04
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Sb04 »

i noticed that no one have voted for the last series. was there anything wrong with the last series. if so what.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

I Finaly decided to vote for 1992, it has all the best qualitys of the latter sesons. (exept for the over use of Causeways)
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Series 6, 1992 - My most watched and remembered - Really is a much better series than i initially thought after seeing 4 and 5. In response to your question Sb04, Series 8 was 'worst' for a few reasons:
1. Last One
2. Only 8 Episodes
3. TOO Radical
4. No Pickle (as in S7)
5. Snapperjack
6. Crappy Dwarf Tunnels, with little tension
7. Not enough multi-character integration

Although with Series 7, there was BARRY!!
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

I'm gonna go with Willowherb here and cast my vote for Series 2. Watching it against the later series, it just seems much more active. (and there's no bloody purple woodlands)

A close second is Series 6, which has a special importance for me, but I digress. A lot of S5's problems got corrected in S6, now if only Majida had been added in that series...
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law