Demise of CITV

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Demise of CITV

Post by Mashibinbin »

As reported by Keith (https://www.knightmare.com/fanzone/arti ... years.html) CITV is no more, it has ceased to be! CITV's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! CITV's a stiff! Bereft of life, CITV rests in peace! Etc, etc. Only this time it's different with the channel being forever nestled on our hearts being the birthplace of our favourite and so many other childhood shows it lives on in our memories, discussions, the occasional dvd/vhs/cd/cassette/insert other physical media here of the lucky shows chosen. It's impetus propelled into several seasons of the RPG, a convention, sidestep projects like the Midnight Hunt, Aegis Quest Notmare and the like. It is therefore now more than ever that I rally you as fans to stand up and to take part when the chance arises and stop being armchair adventurers only even if only take part in the next social meetup. It's now almost a quarter of a century since I discovered this site and as mentioned elsewhere I've built some excellent friendships over the years along with experiences I could never replicate only cherish.
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Demise of CITV

Post by EvelynMason »

We went to put it on the other day, Channel 203 Freeview, and only got a blank screen saying it's no longer there. Says it can be seen on something called "ITVX". We don't have that channel built in so assume it's only available on-line. We won't actively pursue to continue watching.

CITV really did put on a host of entertaining shows not just for kids but older viewers too. The animated Mr Bean series was in fact far more amusing and entertaining than the real 'grown up' one and I used to try and watch Mr Magoo, Fizz, Weasel (and Mr Cat) each episode it was on. Never was one for Scooby Doo although believe it's still available albeit on a different kids channel.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Demise of CITV

Post by HStorm »

Nah, it's pining for the fjords.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.