The Next Generation of Dungeoneers

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Alex_Smith
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

The Next Generation of Dungeoneers

Post by Alex_Smith »

Taught my 2 and half year old daughter to say “oooh, nasty” earlier tonight. May be too early to start showing Knighmare to her, considering he favourite thing to watch at the moment is a Cocomelon rendition of Wheels On The Bus (over and over and over again) but it’s a start at least!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Next Generation of Dungeoneers

Post by Mystara »

Ahhhh cocomelon.
Get ready for zillions of episodes of paw patrol :(
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by EvelynMason »

I wonder if a minimum age actually exists where you can or can't watch Knightmare. It can't be suitable for all ages. Today you have all manner of shows, streamings, downloads and heaven knows what else where I'd imagine younger viewers get to participate or follow along. Comes with a (mandatory) warning of "contains mild peril" or something of that nature. Trouble is 2023 is so far detached from 30 - 35 years ago, people's perceptions will have changed.

r.e. 'mild peril' : Which essentially is what Knightmare was about or represents. Back in the late 1980's I'd watch the series while still of school age. It didn't perturb, it didn't unnerve, but would have thought at the time "this isn't maybe suitable for everyone". I suppose even today that still holds true or carries a certain weight behind it.
s4t8brett
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by s4t8brett »

Maybe 12, going on the standard film ratings?
Alex_Smith
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Alex_Smith »

Mystara wrote: 28 Aug 2023, 19:45 Ahhhh cocomelon.
Get ready for zillions of episodes of paw patrol :(
We’ve avoided that so far, can’t say the same for Peppa Pig!
EvelynMason wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 22:50 I wonder if a minimum age actually exists where you can or can't watch Knightmare.
I was 4 when it was on in 1987 and I definitely saw one or two episodes of the first series when they were on. In hindsight probably was a bit too young for it, but different times and all that. Doesn’t seem to have affected me too badly though, apart from I do still tend to sidestep around corners when walking down the street.