Dazed and Confused

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
Eldarad
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Dazed and Confused

Post by Eldarad »

Hi, I'm 22, male and from UK, which seems to be fairly typical for the people here...

I *remember* Knightmare, but I don't really remember very much when i actually think about it...so I'm hoping this forum jogs my memory a bit, because I know I used to love the programme.

I'm also waiting for the 'main' site to return, because I've suddenly gotten the urge to see the life force sequence...

Anyway, I hope you don't mind if I lurk for a bit. I'm just annoyed that Knightmare isn't shown anywhere on Freeview so I can't relive this aspect of my childhood
Bearers of Light need fear no darkness
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Dazed and Confused

Post by HStorm »

Welcome aboard, Eldarad. If you're typical, I'm geriatric.   ;D
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Hi and welcome here. You have my sympathy as I can't get Challenge anymore due to my dad deciding not to Subscribe to Sky anymore and so now we only get the free channels. I just hope that something positive happens for me soon so that there is a was to see series 6 and beyond. As for the life force sequence, I presume you mean the one with the armoured face? Anyway if so imagine a purply coloured face, armoured at the start, where bit gradually break away off it, and the surrounding colour goes from green to amber then to red. Hope that helps bring back memories.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Eldarad
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Eldarad »

no...I meant the one that went...

green (woman's?) face, then amber, then red skull...and then finally the eyes flying towards the screen...

I actually found a link to the damn thing on one of the very old sites but the actual file isn't there
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

You're both describing the same clock.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Eldarad
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Eldarad »

lol, OK...sorry Liza

I did say I don't remember very much...just vague bits here and there.

...and talking about the what life force sequence looks like is making me want to see it more

*sobs*
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hi! Do you know about the new series of Km in the works? I'm completely serious.
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Allo!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Good day to ye...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Eldarad
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Eldarad »

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome.

When you say "the new series of KM" do you mean the thing Televirtual are working on? I heard about that yesterday when I was browsing the forum. It sounds to me like they are planning to do away with advisors, with the dungeoneer controlling his own "avatar"...I'm not sure I like the sound of that - I always liked the fact that the dungeoneer was blind, except when (s)he was right over a table or something.

Having said that, it won't stop me watching it when it gets released! (Assuming it's on a channel that I can watch...)
Last edited by Eldarad on 16 Mar 2004, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Yup, TeleVirtual's revived Km. I don't think they are doing away with advisors, though.
Subject to change.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Good greetings.

Yes they are making a new KM, but as we have so very little info. we cannot really say exactly what the plans are; I have no doubts we'll see some rather large changes however.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome.

When you say "the new series of KM" do you mean the thing Televirtual are working on? I heard about that yesterday when I was browsing the forum. It sounds to me like they are planning to do away with advisors, with the dungeoneer controlling his own "avatar"...I'm not sure I like the sound of that - I always liked the fact that the dungeoneer was blind, except when (s)he was right over a table or something.

Having said that, it won't stop me watching it when it gets released! (Assuming it's on a channel that I can watch...)
Publicly, at least, Tim Child hasn't ruled out advisors. From what he's said here in the past, I would personally suggest it's most likely to be just one advisor. We've all pointed out that the show would indeed lose something by having no advisors, but in a game where the Dungeoneer can "see" there's obviously less reliance on guidance, so I could perfectly understand limiting it to one person helping with problem solving, watching the Dungeoneer's back and so on.  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Oh, and something I thought of today. If this is to be at least a partially live format, as we were originally encouraged to believe, 3 advisors could just make it into a terrible mess. Personally, I rather like the one dungeoneer-one advisor format, considering the other changes that seem inevitable.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]