Knightmare on ITVX?

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Knightmare on ITVX?

Post by Drassil »

As you may have seen, ITV has launched online streaming service ITVX, a successor to the ITV Hub and apparently to BritBox UK too.

Earlier this month, @GeorgeJW83 tweeted:
#Knightmare would absolutely be the most watched retro show on [ITVX] if they popped it on. Sort it out @ITVX! Please and thankyou.
The following morning, @ITVX had replied:
Corrr, now THAT is a trip down memory lane George, you fine dungeoneer! ⚔️

We'll put your suggestion to the Dungeon Master (the content team) and see if it's something they can look into!
Around the same time, @RichardLowe84 (a.k.a. our fellow forum member Lowebo) tweeted @ITVX to say:
Please can you bring [Knightmare] to it in its entirety? Even for the premium tier?! I'd subscribe in a heartbeat!
Within the hour, @ITVX replied:
In a heartbeat you say? 🤔
Thanks for your suggestion, and the trip down memory lane 😀 We'll pass it on for sure 👍
The marketing around ITVX's recent launch has focused on it being fresh i.e. having new programmes, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's some time before they add any classic (C)ITV series. But I'm pleased that ITVX has engaged with the interest in Knightmare like this, rather than totally ignoring it.

Perhaps I've been premature in starting this thread under News Discussion, but hopefully we will see this develop into something newsworthy soon, just as Challenge TV's social media comments about 'looking into' Knightmare repeats did eventually.

In the meantime, if you decide to express similar sentiments to George and Richard on social media, let us know what kind of a response you get from ITVX.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
DuxBellorum
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare on ITVX?

Post by DuxBellorum »

I have only watched a few things on ITVX and I only ever tinkered a little bit with BritBox.

Of course I was thrilled that Knightmare appeared on BritBox (I have no idea whether or not it still is) but I also think it would be a fantastic addition to ITVX.

I'm sure Knightmare would be a big hit on the service/app as people who are fans would watch (as long as it had enough advertising) and hopefully there would be enough people watching who sort of remember it or just stumble across it by chance.

Anywhere that Knightmare can be shown officially would of course get my full backing (for what it's worth) and it could pave the way for more fantastic CITV classics to have new permanent home.

In fact, I'm surprised there isn't a ton of them available already.