Series 8 - Episode 3

Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 8 - Episode 3

Post by Canadanne »

When Daniel enters the Sewers of Goth, Majida says "That Skelly-thing - we don't hear it any more." Treguard explains that Skeletrons won't enter the sewers as they don't like water. Weirdly, Majida then says again "You know these Skelly-things, Treguard - we don't see them any more, or hear them", and is interrupted by Sly Hands' arrival.
Did Jackie Sawiris forget she'd already said that line? Or did Sly perhaps enter prematurely, so they filmed that conversation later and someone just screwed up the editing? The latter seems more likely to me.

Majida's first reaction to Linghorm is "This is incredible! Magnificent!" - she's certainly changed her tune since complaining that Goth looked far too computer-generated. :P ("This horrid place! The walls, they're not right! Nothing is right!") They're all getting the taste for technomagic now...
stevendoig
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by stevendoig »

Again, just watched it with the boy - some thoughts and observations.

I thought the way the dungeoneer actually PLEADED with his advisors to use the fearsome potion was odd. Did a crew member whisper 'Listen you - drink the potion or you die.' perhaps because they were taking an age to decide what to do?

Gideon must have been told to let the other advisors get more involved, but then the lad on the left couldn't describe the moving floor and it was handed back to Gideon again. At another point he said to Gideon 'Tell him to ---' - like he'd been forbidden to talk to the dungeoneer - the team dynamics are fascinating!

Honesty Bartram was a well acted 'wide boy' character. I liked how he never ruled out the key as a possible trade.........

A good episode though,without hindsight they looked liked winners!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

stevendoig wrote:I thought the way the dungeoneer actually PLEADED with his advisors to use the fearsome potion was odd. Did a crew member whisper 'Listen you - drink the potion or you die.' perhaps because they were taking an age to decide what to do?
One of the advisors said this in an interview:
"Daniel always did as he was told, except when he was told not to! The part where he transformed into Lord Fear was led by him. The production team told him that no matter what, he had to make sure we got him to drink the potion. (I think they wanted to show off the effects!)"
stevendoig
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by stevendoig »

Ah interesting! I wonder how many times that happened on the series? (ie the team not really having a free choice after all.)
avenueroad
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by avenueroad »

I will certainly have to review all the episodes to know how many dungeoneers pleaded with the advisors. By the way, what about Lord Fear saying that Bhal-Shebah's guard duty was only as good as a gerbil? Would Daniel had been able to just get the sword and leave? If so, then I think I know what the argument would have been about in Episode 4 had his team survived the blades. An argument is impossible to happen without a subject! :question:
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Team 2 made good progress.
Daniel wisely decided to select the "Fearsome" potion. Don't think he paid much attention to his directions leaving the room tho.
Great scene in the sewers where Daniel takes the potion and turns into LF, confusing Sly Hands. ;D Nice work by Daniel to insist on using it, against his advisors ideas.
Made steady progress across the moving floor, then used the funny-bone to distract Raptor.
Used their wand to free Maldame and did a deal with her. Maldame seems a little reminiscent of Malice, a dangerous sorceress, but willing to do a deal with teams if there is mutual benefit.
Descended stairs to level 3.

In the level 3 clue-room they took the "SIGHT" potion and a key. Given the hurry-up on the way out, but reacted well.
Met "Honesty" Bartram and eventually decided to trade their potion for a "SHADE" spell. Possibly a mistake. :-/ Think they should have tried to press him into accepting the key instead. He said keys were of some interest....
Used their spell to pass the miremen. Think they could have passed them anyway with reasonable timing.
Found a spyglass and learned the password. :exclaim: That spyglass scene lasted over three minutes, which seems way too long....
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

I had never noticed the similarity between Malice and Maldame before you are correct. They both have that ability to be helpful if it suits them, but always with a sinister undertone and a strong feeling of distrust and danger.