I cant wait for Knightmare tomorrow(Sat 3rd Jan)

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

I cant wait for Knightmare tomorrow(Sat 3rd Jan)

Post by Porsmond »

Hi All, seeing as this is my first post to the boards, I guess I should briefly introuduce myself

My Name is Paul Orsmond, and I live in Southampton,England. I am 24 years old and can be considered a mad Knightmare Fan.
I remember watching it for the first time on CITV all those years ago and it only seemed like yesterday, The Show itself was amazing,  and I loved every minute of it, It also had everything you could want(Action,Adventure,Excitment) and I think it is all these things that made it a huge success, and I think its sick the way CITV took the show off the air just like that :(

I havent seen a show of KnightMare for years(I never saw any episdoes on the Sci Fi Channel because I didnt have Sky TV at the time :(  but imagine my suprise at Christmas when I decided to swicth on Challenge TV and was stunned to see that Challenge were about to show a episode of Knightmare as part of their Christmas Kult Selection, I thought it couldnt possibly be the same great show that I remember, but when it came on, I literally freaked out, I couldnt believe it. Infact I was so excited watching it, I complety forget to get a tape out and record it, DOH, But what great memories they were anyway watching it, It was superb, Even better was watching another episode on New Years Day :)

Now I cant wait tomorrow to watch a whole series on Challenge, I have waited ages for it to come back on TV, and now its finally happening :), No dought I will have a video Tape ready on standby ready to record them all :)

Sorry if I sound a little too excited(You probably all think I'm mad now :-p ) but this is just the best news I have heard for a long time and I just cant wait

Anyone else excited about tomorrow :)
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: I cant wait for Knightmare tomorrow(Sat 3rd Ja

Post by Emii »

Me Me Me! And Welcome to the board, Paulo - Kully says hi too :)
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Me too. Hi Paul- and thanks for the introduction. It's so cool when people introduce themselves. :)

Just a couple of things. First, I think Challenge? are starting the series they are showing (Series 3) from the start again, meaning they'll be repeating the episodes they've shown over Christmas for the next weekend and a half.

Second, it's nice to have another, ahem, mature person posting here. Not that your wrinkles are showing or anything (the miracle cream seems to be working a treat) but I've noticed of late that the posters here are younger than might be expected. I guess it's mostly those of us at university or younger, plus others. I only mention it because on the short Knightmare documentary that Challenge? did the voiceover guy said that it would be familiar to those born in the late 70s. I doubt there's even 10 of us in that age bracket posting here- just about everyone else is younger, by the sounds of things. Bearing in mind how poor my memories are of the original showing of the early series ("Mogdred who?"), I'm surprised you younger peeps can remember anything!

Anyway, thankyou for making me feel just that little bit younger. ;)

"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Gaminguy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gaminguy »

Hi, can I just ask, am I the youngest poster here? I am 14 and I remember seeing series 6,7,8 but as I was young it seems kinda foggy. But this site sure brought back some old memories!!
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I'm 17 and I remember series 8, 7, 6, 5, and JUST VAGUELY series 4, because I remember well the introduction of Pickle. The rest of that series is a bit blurry. I had an unhealthy elf fetish even at the age of 6. Terrible.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

And don't worry, Gaminguy - my lil bro is 14, and he and I distinctly remember sitting in front of the TV in the room that used to be our lounge before we moved everything around when I was about 7. It took a lot of working out you see - our old lounge (which is now the computer room) I associate with watching Superman in after I came back from ballet. I quit ballet at the age of seven. I also remember seeing the introduction of Pickle in that room, as well as some foggy memories of seeing Pickle on TV in our current lounge, such as the scene in my signature.
It took a long while for me to work all that out :S and a lot of irritation from my parents with me bugging them to remember when we swapped the Dining room for the lounge and then moving the dining room back in WITH the lounge and getting our crappy Amiga 1500 to put in the (now) front room with the piano and train set which we pulled down from the loft a month before the Big Swap.
Why are you still reading this, you sad gits?
Last edited by Emii on 04 Jan 2003, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Where is my Amiga? I want it back!
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

it's nice to have another, ahem, mature person posting here...

(snip)

...on the short Knightmare documentary that Challenge? did the voiceover guy said that it would be familiar to those born in the late 70s. I doubt there's even 10 of us in that age bracket posting here
Ahem...  well, I'd better stop lurking and announce myself as a 25-year-old, born-in-the-late-70s Knightmare fan then :-)

Unlike most other people in these forums (judging from what I've read, anyway) I started watching back in series 1. I remember that team killed off at the walls of Jericho, spookily coinciding with the end of the series... I must've stopped (not by choice, just other things getting in the way of viewing) round about series 6, which I only saw parts of, and I haven't seen anything of 7 or 8 at all.  I wish I'd known it was being shown on Sci-Fi...

Still, hopefully challenge will be buying the other series up after such a good showing by Knightmare in the Cult Selection thing. ;-)
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I am 18 and I started back in series one too, I seem to remember that season the most too!  Odd isn't it, you remember more about your childhood than you do about your adult years.  Also been 'ere since 1999 too, so thats year one for both things :)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Hi and welcome, Dan. And thankyou for further increasing the geriatric population here. A few more of us and we'll be able to start campaigning for special large print so our old eyes can make out more than just a blur on the screen.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

To follow up on my post, I can just about remember the first few series(Right from Series 1) and was always excited about tuning in every Afternoon for a new show, so I hardly missed an episode(I may have missed the odd one or two, but it was rare) I definatly remember the later series more though with its Outside Scenes etc, and who could forget when the peeps travelled on the Dragon to different Levels, Also a personal favourite of mine was the corridor of Blades, and the Weeping Face on the Draw Bridge  ;D

Also I knew that Challenge were only showing it from Series 3, personally I would have loved to have seen it from Series 1, but watching any series at the moment is absolutly brilliant as it is bringing back wonderful memories from all those years back  :D

Also managed to watch todays episode, and RECORD it, so I'm really happy now that I have started to get some of them on tape, another thing that impressed me was watching the episode from a digital signal on SKY, the picture was crystal clear, so it felt great watching it, and I will be sure to tune in every weekend for a new episode so at least Challenge has one dedicated viewer for the next month or so :)
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Bingo.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I'm 22 (middle-aged here, then) and watched every series of Knightmare from 1 through to 8, only missing a handful of episodes.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Jasonic
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Jasonic »

I'm 22 also, so I'm 'getting on' like James  ;)

The only series that I didn't miss when KM was on, were Series 6-8.  Only missed ep 1 of series 5 and only manage to catch a small number of eps from the other 4 series before that.  
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Does this make me one of the babies of the bunch?