My Up Comeing Fan Fiction.

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
Lord_Bob

Re: My Fanfic

Post by Lord_Bob »

My thoughts entirely, besides if I put in Pickle then Majida fans would be unhappy if I put in Majida, Pickle fans would be unhappy. This way I get a win-win situation as everyone seems to like Treguard on his own.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I started a KM story and I am doing a video on Knightmare!
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Temporal Distortion
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

??? ??? ???
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Motley don't spam emoticons
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Guys,
Seeing as you have all written such excellent fan fictions I thought I would have a pitch and seeing if you liked my take on it. It has been a while since I watched some of the later series so if I get a couple of facts wrong be forgiving. It is based on the dungeon coming back into phase after 10 years but something happens differently and the dungeoneer ends up in an alternate universe/phase. It needs a title though if you guys have any idea.  :)
I like the titles other people have suggested, so I won't suggest any more. I just wanted to say I like the idea of exploring the Dungeon dynamics a bit. Although I'm not into science or science fiction, I find speculating on the nature of the Dungeon itself quite fun. What is it actually made up of? How is it created and sustained? What happens to it at the end of each Season? What's the relation between the Dungeon of each Series? I think your idea has potential to be interesting in this regard, although it's dry stuff so it's something people wouldn't probably ever want to make a main focus of their fanfic.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Turn To Thirteen O'Clock
That's my personal favourite of the titles people have suggested, I have to say. :D
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Well I won't go into complex dungeon dynamics, in fact in comparison to all these things you want to know then you may find it rather disappointing
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Glad to hear that, Bob. Can't help feeling what GG's describing is a reference manual, not a fic.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

A Users guide to the dungeon by Vor Tex
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I meant that allusions to that type of thing are sometimes cool, since they give you more scope to explore other things. Of course I wouldn't suggest anyone writing a Reference Manual. As I clearly said in the original post, it's something dry enough that people wouldn't want to make it a main focus of their fanfic.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Actually some kind of reference manual, for instance a full Knightmare dictionary or A-Z, wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

It wouldn't be something you could sit down and read all the way through, but could be helpful if people are trying to remember something from the series. They could look it up instead of posting questions on here and then waiting ages for someone to come up with the answer.

I'll suggest it on the feedback board...

As for a fanfic that offers (possible) explanations, yes, that's fine, several of my own do that. What I'm saying is, it shouldn't be the whole point of the story. There should be an overriding storyline that is driven by itself, not by decoding technical jiggerypokery.  :)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Yes, Velda actually started something like an A-Z, at least of characters, but last time I checked I couldn't get the link to work. It was good stuff, and really could have been extended to cover other stuff alphabetically. Plus, of course, there's soom for general FAQ answers to KM questions.
As for a fanfic that offers (possible) explanations, yes, that's fine, several of my own do that. What I'm saying is, it shouldn't be the whole point of the story. There should be an overriding storyline that is driven by itself, not by decoding technical jiggerypokery.  :)
I wasn't suggesting anything different, as is clear in the last sentence. Just nice texture occasionally if you can think up something original like that, to go alongside genuinely engaging and entertaining stuff.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

The server wiped the original address for Velda's site, but there's a mirror. Just looking for the URL...
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Here it is...

http://knightmare-encyclopedia.port5.com/

Yeah, a proper, fuller, much more comprehensive FAQ is what we need.

In fact, why don't I do that? To the Feedback board we goooooooo...