Updates of several television appearances including Knightmare or Knightmare cast members that we've heard about.
Jackie Sawiris (Majida) has appeared in Emmerdale, says Sidriss Starshine. Jackie played the part of Beth Williams in four episodes between 24 March 1998 and 31 March 1998.
Beth was an American woman who was taking part in a Management Training Course that Tony Cairns was running at the Holiday Village. In one episode she gets scared on the climbing wall and freezes. Tony has to climb up the wall to bring her down.
Daniel Lawrence sent some updates.
- A few years ago, a trailer for the BBC's Tomorrow's World programme featured Smirkenorff.
- An episode of ITV's The Bill shows a boy sitting at home watching the TV. And guess what was on? A scene from Knightmare Series 6 featuring the Dreadnort.
- On BBC Two's Techno Games 2001 last week, one of the robots was named 'Skeletron'.
Televirtual (sister company to Broadsword who produced Knightmare) produced an animated karaoke fish called 'Vince' which you could see on Channel 4's Karaoke Fishtank series, currently on Saturday very late night (after midnight). Also from Televirtual is Face-Mail.com, where you could download an animated character who can read out your emails from your inbox.
Jon Harris sent news. On the CBBC 'Sub Zero' website pages, there is an interview with Adrian Dickson (archived here) - CBBC presenter and captain of the boy's team on the recent series of Sub Zero. One of the questions is:
- Q: As a child, what was your favourite quiz/game show?
- A: It was an adventure game show called Knightmare but I also loved the Crystal Maze.
Where the Heart Is
In 2002, Dave Holt (forum name: KnightmareDave) spotted a glimpse of Knightmare on long-running TV drama, Where the Heart Is.
Two nurses went to a house, two children were watching TV and there it was - Series 6 of Knightmare where January was in front of the Dreadnort.
Many years later, Canadanne from our forum identified the episode as Series 1 Episode 6 ('Dream', first aired on 11 May 1997).
The relevant scene is from 32:08 to 32:46, though you only see the TV screen for a couple of seconds at 32:26.
Thank you to Dave and Canadanne for an intriguing chapter in Knightmare's history.