Re:Wall Aid 11

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Did i? :O

Well, I just thought I would quickly update here to say hi, I hope you are all ok

Sorry to hear it didnt sync up, but I did the best I could with what I had. Maybe if I had the backing track, I could do more.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Additional.

MIDIs can be easily converted into mp3s; it's nowhere near the quality of an intended karaoke mp3, but always a good backup.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Additional.

If you'd perhaps offered to provide people with the mp3, rather than simply stating that you had it and how you got it, it might have been possible to get a recording done. :P

That was then. Pooka, if you would be willing to send that mp3 round to anyone who's still interested, or to put it up somewhere online for downloading, and willing also to reprise your role of producer, maybe there's a chance of us having a recording of All I Want Is Knightmare To View ready for this Christmas.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I'd need a MIDI or MP3 of All I Want This Christmas then. The MP3 I was talking about is of Perfect Day.
Last edited by Pooka on 11 Sep 2007, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Oh. :-[ I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I'm not that keen to pursue Perfect Quest, personally, but there's nothing to stop others doing so.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Heh, reviving this yet again are we? Well, this happens every christmas, we never get another one done, i've kinda given up this year. Although, i'm happy enough to take part as always if all is in order. Maybe we can have a go at tracking down those midi's together? I'm sure you can find them somewhere! I might even be able to edit the midi in Fruity Loops and make it sound MP3!

Let me know what you want me to do!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Er... I can convert MIDI to MP3 is about 10 seconds. All I'd need is a MIDI.

As producer I'd also need to know who's interested in taking part and who's going to sing what lyrics.
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Well, i'm willing to take part, so mark me down as a yes. Just be sure to get the lyrics together and tell me what you want me to sing, along with a copy of the midi. Sure you can convert midi to MP3, but I could add instruments and such to make it sound better than the original? Umm, i'm sure you can do that anyway, its not my job. :P
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Hi, Darren. Let's be fair: you say 'every christmas', but out of the two Christmasses on which we've tried, we've only failed once. If we're still not managing to get another filk recording done by Knightmare's 30th anniversary, then you can be as pessimistic as you like. :P ;)

If your post is about Perfect Day, then as Pooka said, there is an mp3 around, so we there's no need to convert a midi into one. If your post is about All I Want For Christmas Is You, then as I said,
Drassil wrote: Midis are readily available, but none of the ones I've downloaded sounds quite right.
But where that song is concerned: problem solved (I hope).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WGFYCiLKnio

Contributors can sing their chosen section(s) with that video playing in the background for guidance. It can then be made into the backing track of the final version by using the old microphone-in-front-of-a-speaker method to record a wav, and then converting that wav into an mp3.

I hope that sounds OK with everyone who's interested.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Oh, bloody hell.

OK, I've recorded that directly onto my hard drive and made a crystal-clear MP3 version of the instrumental. Looks like I'll be badgering people for parts at some point, too. ;)

We'll need a singing cast then. I'll be one. :p
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Additional!

The lyrics for AIWFKM are too long for the karaoke track. Some trimming will need to be done to the lyrics. If nobody else volunteers, I'll do that - otherwise, I'll send someone the track and the lyrics and they can see what they can do.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Looking at the file, the minute missing is the first minute of the song...which is fine as all the lyrics in that verse are then repeated in the second verse, so all that needs to be done is start from verse two and absolutely none of the lyrics will be completely lost!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Pooka wrote:The lyrics for AIWFKM are too long for the karaoke track.
Sounds like you're not too familiar with the original song (http://youtube.com/watch?v=XMnNau8d-Gs), which you probably should be if you intend to sing some of it. ;) Anyway, Billy is right. What's more, that first verse is sung with little instrumental backing, so we could recreate that with our recording by inserting someone singing the first verse 'a capella' before the start of the karaoke track, if that's possible.

By the way, do we have the permission/blessing of all of the filk's writers to proceed with this project?
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

We'd need to ask them, now you mention it. Especially as I'm already thinking of people to sing. Damn these urges!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Certainly got my approval, I'm massively proud of our collaberative work, I think all three of us worked together to make it great!