Treasures of the Mindlord

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
curiousbritishtelly
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Treasures of the Mindlord

Post by curiousbritishtelly »

Some of you may know me as the man behind the Curious British Telly blog and, if not, well, it's a blog dedicated to the lesser known shows from British TV's past.

Anyway, I'm currently in the process of writing a book on some of the more intriguing children's TV shows which have barely had a mention in the history of television. And Treasures of the Mindlord is one of them. I've seen several mentions of it on this forum over the years, but little more than vague memories at best. It's not a surprise as footage of the series is as rare as hen's teeth.

But last week I finally watched three episodes as part of research for my book. The BFI hold copies of all six episodes - they're off-air recordings rather than direct from the master tapes - so I was able to view them at their viewing rooms in London.

While not cast from exactly the same mould as Knightmare, it's certainly close in many aspects. The adventurers (sans any sense of blindness) are guided by a remote colleague through various locations, questions are posed and there's also time to fit in a wizard. In terms of technology and atmosphere, though, it falls well short of Knightmare! It's difficult to imagine both shows running at the same time due to the similarities, but ITV clearly went with the right show.

More to follow in my book early next year!
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Re: Treasures of the Mindlord

Post by Mashibinbin »

more info from yesteryear on these very forums: :)

https://www.knightmare.com/forum/32/2049
curiousbritishtelly
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Treasures of the Mindlord

Post by curiousbritishtelly »

My book - which features a few pages on Treasures of the Mindlord - is now out at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0858VPCJV if you want a little more detail on the show. Thanks!