Re:Wall Aid 11

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

Go ahead guys!
Carpe Diem - sieze the moment.
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

No! You can't and I won't allow it ;) Of course you bloody can! ;D Looking forward to it. Also Drassil is right, I overexagerated it, we've missed one christmas, but it was a shame. I was mostly refering to the attempts we've had in the past, not just at christmas.

Keep me informed!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thanks for each giving us the go-ahead. Even if it did take a nudge in some cases. ;)

I hope that we can soon get a list together of who definitely wants to sing. Pooka should be sending round an email, though people are welcome to confirm their interest here before that. If you were involved with Wall Aid 11 but don't want to be part of the new project, you may like to post here or contact Pooka to declare yourself out, so to speak. Thank you.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Lol, do things need to be so organised for such a small project? ;D I'm excited for it anyway, lets hope it turns out great! If not, at least we had some fun in the process!

My mic isn't working properly at home, so i'll have to fix that first.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I'll send out that e-mail soon, promise.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

'Soon' is a relative term! And 'promise' is a dangerous one...

It would be good if you could send that email in the next week or so. Take this as a sign!
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

It's being sent today.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

50 days later is this example of 'Soon' but I have gathered you've been busy with plays and such of late.

I've received the email and wish all participants the best of luck but I have neither the microphone nor the time personally to contribute.
Carpe Diem - sieze the moment.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Yo!

All I Want Is Knightmare To View is now very nearly complete. Thanks to all that took part and volunteered and lent their support.

We need a band name. A real band name. Not Wall Aid 11. If anyone has any suggestions, send me an e-mail (pookatimes[at]gmail.com) with your band name suggestions by midnight tomorrow!

Muchos gracias!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thanks for the work you've been doing to get the song complete.

You already have my band name ideas, so I'll post them here for others to see:

- The Troubadour Monsters (Troubadour + Door Monsters);

- The Knightmare Eyers (as we're parodying a song by Mariah, and the parody is about wanting to eye Knightmare);

- Sing Back Knightmare.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Ridolfo's Red-Nosed Reindeer

Or how about, seeing it's an Xmas song, Slayed?
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

"Sing Back Knightmare" it is then!

(Thanks for the suggestions, David and Martin; I just picked the one I liked best.)
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Sing Back Knightmare '09

Post by Pooka »

Darren texted me this morning to ask if we could do another song this year for the Knightmare supergroup Sing Back Knightmare. For the uninitiated, this is a group of regular forum and chatroom users that have gotten together to write and record Knightmare-related songs at Christmas. The two songs, Do They Know It's Quest Mess? (by Wall Aid 11) and All I Want Is Knightmare To View, are here to download if you haven't heard them yet. They're good for a laugh.

Is anyone (apart from me and Darren) interested in singing it up this year? Of course, we'd also need a song and backing track, but first things first. So... show of hands? Anyone with a microphone fancy a go at singing along to a hastily-assembled Knightmare/Christmas filk? Also, any ideas about which song we could use... OR we could even write one ourselves? Ideas, people, ideas!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Sing Back Knightmare '09

Post by Drassil »

Hi. I'm still unsure what happened to the momentum built up after discussing this in Knightmare Chat last November; did you change your mind about pursuing another SBK project at that time?

My various suggestions and opinions from a year ago still stand: I think that recording an existing parody, namely Never Gonna Win The Cup, is the best option, and would like to be involved if possible.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Sing Back Knightmare '09

Post by Pooka »

Of course I didn't change my mind. Sadly, time is not on my side at the moment, but I'm still glad to do SBK if enough people are willing to be involved. I hadn't read Never Gonna Win The Cup until just now, but I like it for what it is. Now if only we had a karaoke track...

...or even a MIDI. But a karaoke track would be a lot better.