Temporal Discussion, A KM podcast

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
TheOldenDays
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Temporal Discussion, A KM podcast

Post by TheOldenDays »

I have to thank Temporal Discussion for playing a big part in reigniting my passion for Knightmare over the past couple of years, since I relocated from Hertfordshire to Suffolk. The in-depth nature of the podcast shows how deep-set Knightmare has become in many of its fans, both as a TV show and as an immersive world, and despite the odd stomach-churning piece of misinformation (and you can be sure I've done everthing I can stop any of the ones I've been responsbile for myself making it into the final cut!) the podcast content shows such fundamental enthusiasm and enduring love for Knightmare that it always resonates in the most important ways.

One thing I have particularly taken away from the Series 4 episodes is a growing appreciation for Martin H's term "proto-pooka" for the forest hauntings. While I have presented what I believe to be conclusive evidence that these hauntings are and always were intended to be pookas (listen to the podcast for Episode 8 to hear me doing this) I have come to realise that while the creatures were certainly being named as pookas prior to their Series 6 redesign (at least they were in the board game!) it's probably true that no one was really using the term behind the scenes during Series 4, otherwise it would have made it into the actual show at some point. Therefore, "proto-pooka" seems the most accurate overall term to me and I'll be using it from now on.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Temporal Discussion, A KM podcast

Post by Canadanne »

TheOldenDays wrote: 23 Jun 2024, 12:30 I have to thank Temporal Discussion for playing a big part in reigniting my passion for Knightmare over the past couple of years, since I relocated from Hertfordshire to Suffolk. The in-depth nature of the podcast shows how deep-set Knightmare has become in many of its fans, both as a TV show and as an immersive world, and despite the odd stomach-churning piece of misinformation (and you can be sure I've done everthing I can stop any of the ones I've been responsbile for myself making it into the final cut!) the podcast content shows such fundamental enthusiasm and enduring love for Knightmare that it always resonates in the most important ways.

One thing I have particularly taken away from the Series 4 episodes is a growing appreciation for Martin H's term "proto-pooka" for the forest hauntings. While I have presented what I believe to be conclusive evidence that these hauntings are and always were intended to be pookas (listen to the podcast for Episode 8 to hear me doing this) I have come to realise that while the creatures were certainly being named as pookas prior to their Series 6 redesign (at least they were in the board game!) it's probably true that no one was really using the term behind the scenes during Series 4, otherwise it would have made it into the actual show at some point. Therefore, "proto-pooka" seems the most accurate overall term to me and I'll be using it from now on.
I too am grateful for the podcast - it's great to have some semi-regular new content to look forward to, as we once looked forward to TES - and I'm glad that your passion for the show has returned!

I think my favourite takeaway from this series is that Treguard & Pickle are now "Trickle". ;D