Who was the better henchman between Skarkill and Lissard? Here's five arguments for each, by Steven Webberley.
Why Skarkill was better than Lissard
- Skarkill was threatening, Lissard was smarmy
- Skarkill actually goes into the dungeon, spending most of his time there. Lissard, just once (and in disguise for most of that - bit of a coward)
- Skarkill actually captured a dungeoneer. Has Lissard?!
- Skarkill's friends, Grippa, Rhark and Tiny always hunted, Lissard's mates Brollachan and Sly Hands were more interested in knowledge and drink.
- And the one big reason why Skarkill was better than Lissard - Skarkill doesn't reek of fish.
You smell like something the cat brought up...
Why Lissard was better than Skarkill
- Lissard isn't accident-prone.
- The quality of training Lissard provided was obviously better since those he knows don't get thrown off card puzzles, get chased by pookas, or get scorched by Smirkenorff.
- Lissard can be more devious than Lord Fear
- Lissard is far cleverer and uses own initiative.
- And the one big reason why Lissard was better than Skarkill - he has managerial skills, Skarkill can't even control a hobgoblin.
You crazed me and crazed me about gettiiing a hobgoblin - and now you've got one, you just can't control it.