The Knightmare RPG was run by Adam Battersby, most recently in 2001. A brief summary of the project and how it worked.
The RPG was held in the Knightmare Chat Room, using a Magic Mirror to display images in 2000 and video clips in 2001.
Three series were completed. Several more series were planned and filmed but not produced.
Knightmare RPG rules
- Watchers are welcome but must not interfere with the RPG.
- Contestants and watchers should be in chat by 7:15pm. The RPG runs for approximately 60 minutes.
- The Magic Mirror is necessary for the game. Please use Internet Explorer 5.0 or above and RealPlayer, and have your screen size set to 800x600.
- RPG teams can be 2 or 3 members.
- Players write what actions they want to take.
- Players must discuss with team members in the normal chat window, not by IMs.
- Teams must not seek help from other chat room users.
Advance game play information:
- Do not take weapons of your enemies unless utterly necessary.
- You can hold up to two items at any time, but you may be gifted with magical objects which do not count as an item.
- You can possess as many spells as you like but you only have enough manna to cast three spells maximum.
- Dictionaries, calculators and other related equipment should not be used.
- If you reach the end of a level and still have any items, you should abandon them.
- The object of your quest is determined at the start.
- Often, different paths will be available to you. These will affect the outcome of your quest.
- If your quest ends, please do not be abusive. Otherwise, you will be warned, then kicked, then banned for repeat offences.