The seventh and final team of Series 7 must prevent a troll from attacking Knightmare Castle.
Team 7: Barry, Simon, Derek and Daniel from Worcestershire
Deep into Level 3, Barry has released Romahna from Sylvester Hands' custody. He is looking for a Troll Hammer, following advice from Brother Strange.
Romahna accompanies him to a chamber. Goblins are guarding two objects in forcefields.
Inside one is the Hammer, a weapon to defend Knightmare Castle. Inside the other is the Shield - the object of their quest.
Romahna: "Hold still, Barry. Don't move! I'll take care of these little beasts!"
Romahna blasts the goblins with her crossbow. She cannot help with the force-fields.
They decide to summon Greystagg.
Greystagg: "I see you found the objects that you seek. If it harms Lord Fear, then I will help..."
Then comes the killer blow.
Greystagg: "I only have the power to disperse one of the fields. Which will it be?"
Barry decides that there is no point retrieving the Shield if they cannot take it back to Knightmare Castle. He asks Greystagg to release the Hammer.
With the troll advancing, they rush out of the room into a corridor in Goth.
There is nothing else to do but to drink the remaining 'Fast Backwards' potion. This sends Barry on a high-speed reverse sequence through the whole dungeon.
He arrives back into Knightmare Castle only seconds before the troll's head smashes through the floor, destroying half the antechamber!
Treguard pushes Barry to the back and shouts for the Hammer. He strikes the quest table as Majida cowers in his chair.
A huge hammer strikes the troll, which plummets to its doom.
- Majida: "We beat the troll! But, we lose the game?"
- Treguard: "Well, it certainly looks that way."
Then, a curveball.
- Treguard: "Just a minute. Barry, pass me that shield."
- Majida: "That's not the Eye Shield."
- Treguard: "No, it isn't. And that's strange, because another shield has mysteriously supplanted it!"
Barry has somehow obtained the Shield of Justice!
Hordriss appears and summons the Frightknight trophies.
Hordriss: "A small reward perhaps, but then you have what few have achieved - the fame."
Treguard ponders how Lord Fear is reacting to his latest foiled plot.
Hordriss: "Not well, one suspects. Would you care to spy?"
The magic mirror shows Lord Fear's antechamber. The troll has landed on the entire Opposition team, while the Brollachan watches on.
- Lord Fear: "Lissard. Lissard! Get me out of here... Raptor! Where are you?... Hands! I'm counting on you!... Oh great goblins, is there no-one left?"
- Brollachan: "I hunger. Now you will feed me with knowledge. Tell me things. Talk to me - I have so much to learn."
- Lord Fear: "TREGUARD! Majida. Barry... I'll get you for this, if it's the last thing I DO!"
Treguard: "I'd like to think that that was just the ravings of a defeated tyrant, but it's not. As more technology aids magic, so the foul techno-sorcerer grows more powerful, not less.
"And the only thing that can really lay him low is when bands of youngsters like yourselves prove brave enough and bright enough to tread the path.
It's closing now. When it opens, I'll be waiting. Just don't disappoint me.
Hear from the team