Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

Forum Games

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. Forum Games
  3. Magic

Magic

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Forum Games
16 Posts 10 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • D
    D
    Dan
    wrote on last edited by
    #7

    What about Merlin's VIM and ERG spells? (and ENERGY too, but that doesn't sound as good) ๐Ÿ˜‰

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • M
      M
      MoanaLiza
      wrote on last edited by
      #8

      FREEZER, FLARE, ITCH, ANVIL, FLAME, FREEZE, ENERGY, WELL, OPPOSITE, AVAUNT, UNITAS, FREE, DOWN, TRUTH, RUST, RETURN, UNITE, DISMISS, DRINK, SPEED, BIG, GHOST, DANCE, TWIST, SHOVEL, CURE, MEDICINE, DOOR, REVEAL, DASH, BURST, BUT, TRANSFORMATION, RUN, FIRE, SESAME, PIXEL, SAMURAI, TRICK, TREAT, GROWME, HERO, LOOK, VISOR, CREEP, BLINK, SHIELD, SHUNT, DISSOCIATE, STOP, HIDE, ISOLATE, MASS, SUSPEND, WEIGHTLESS, CERTAIN, FLOAT, FLIGHT and FOLD to name a few.

      Is that all? (;D)

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • D
        D
        Drassil
        Senior staff
        wrote on last edited by
        #9

        ADORE

        TOAD (inaccurately dispelled as DOAT)

        Plus some Latin incantations?

        Since the subject of magic has been raised, I'd be very interested to hear people's opinions on how the BUT spell would have worked. It was never cast, and apparently, it would have subdued Mogdred (!), but the Team who had it tried to use TRANSFORMATION against Mogdred instead, failing because it took too long to spellcast. BUT (or maybe it has two Ts) was described by Hordriss as 'quite humble'; it has always intrigued me.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • M
          M
          Malefact
          wrote on last edited by
          #10

          Moana Liza: Those were the only ones I could remember off the top of my head.

          Drassil: You know, I'm sure that spell was meant to be BUTT and not BUT (as in head-butt) which would make it offensive and therefore suitable for use against Mogdred. The fact, though, that Hordriss described TRANSFORMATION as the powerful spell was rather misleading - the team would obviously choose the most powerful spell to use against Mogdred because it's, well, Mogdred!

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • G
            G
            GrimaldineGrimwold
            wrote on last edited by
            #11

            Since the subject of magic has been raised, I'd be very interested to hear people's opinions on how the BUT spell would have worked. It was never cast, and apparently, it would have subdued Mogdred (!), but the Team who had it tried to use TRANSFORMATION against Mogdred instead, failing because it took too long to spellcast. BUT (or maybe it has two Ts) was described by Hordriss as 'quite humble'; it has always intrigued me.

            I've always said that BUT might have either given them enough time to escape Mogdred for the time being or given them enough time to cast TRANSFORMATION.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • D
              D
              Drassil
              Senior staff
              wrote on last edited by
              #12

              Interesting theories - thank you. I can't readily imagine BUTT having a 'humble' function. Perhaps BUT would have 'humbly' planted a seed of doubt in Mogdred's mind, leading him to say something like, 'But why should I kill you so soon? Take a moment for your last words', giving the Team time, as GG suggests, to cast TRANSFORMATION. And even what that spell could have done to intimidate or thwart Mogdred, is anyone's guess!

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • JamesAJ
                JamesAJ
                JamesA
                wrote on last edited by
                #13

                FREEZER was the first ever spell used by a team in Knightmare (Series 1 Team 3) and BURST the last (Series 8 Team 7 - though that spell was self-activating).

                No-one has yet mentioned the SHROUD incident with Mogdred (Series 2 Team 7) or my personal favourite, FILLET (from Series 8 Team 4).

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • D
                  D
                  Dan
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #14

                  TOAD (inaccurately dispelled as DOAT)

                  I don't think they had to spell it backwards, merely misspell it. ย Most teams did dispell by reading backwards, or close enough, probably because they had the spell written on their notepads and it was easiest to read the letters backwards. ๐Ÿ˜‰

                  Zagor:

                  No-one has yet mentioned the SHROUD incident with Mogdred

                  An absolute classic Knightmare moment, with Treguard's groaning becoming a not-so-subtle hint ๐Ÿ˜‰ ย I feel sorry for him, he's supposed to be unconcious and yet the production team and trying to urge him into giving the team a prod in the right direction - great to watch.

                  That's why I want Challenge? to show Series 2 ๐Ÿ˜‰

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • C
                    C
                    Cull
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #15

                    Zagor:

                    No-one has yet mentioned the SHROUD incident with Mogdred

                    An absolute classic Knightmare moment, with Treguard's groaning becoming a not-so-subtle hint ๐Ÿ˜‰ ย I feel sorry for him, he's supposed to be unconcious and yet the production team and trying to urge him into giving the team a prod in the right direction - great to watch.

                    I just say that either the team were being extremely slow, paying no attention at all (well, they are the ones who had the SPADE incident ย ::) ), or it was deliberately scripted for them to "forget" the O. Seemed a bit silly to me, really...

                    And in regards to "BUT", I repeat what I said in another thread about it - I think that if it were spelt with two T's, something large would have appeared and sat on Mogdred. ๐Ÿ™‚ I do like the "But should I really kill the dungeoneer so quickly?" idea! ๐Ÿ˜„

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • M
                      M
                      MoanaLiza
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #16

                      And in regards to "BUT", I repeat what I said in another thread about it - I think that if it were spelt with two T's, something large would have appeared and sat on Mogdred. ๐Ÿ™‚

                      Do you mean something like one of those giant fags in that 'Nicorette' ad? ;D (Just had to add that!)

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Don't have an account? Register

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Groups
                      Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

                      The Team

                      Join
                      Submissions
                      Contact
                      KM Chat
                      Privacy Policy

                      The Site

                      About
                      Search
                      Site Map
                      Terms & Conditions
                      Q&A

                      Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
                      ยฉ Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.