Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

Fan Creations

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. Fan Creations
  3. Temporal Discussion, A KM podcast

Temporal Discussion, A KM podcast

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Fan Creations
134 Posts 10 Posters 46 Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • C
    C
    Canadanne
    wrote on last edited by
    #115

    What do you think about the Scarborough Castle room (level 3 clue room) where the floor is taken from? The bricks in the walls seem to be packed together in the same way.

    It's certainly one of the candidates due to the resemblance you mention, but unless I'm missing something, I can't spot any matching patterns in that particular room view (or any other views of the building that I've seen on YouTube). I wouldn't be confident in identifying a location unless I could point to something distinctive and identical.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • T
      T
      TheOldenDays
      wrote on last edited by
      #116

      Cool, I'll definitely get that into Episode 8, then maybe someday one of the Listeners of Illusion will come back with a breakthrough observation.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • C
        C
        Canadanne
        wrote on last edited by
        #117

        Haha, I had the exact same thoughts as you about Elita's new outfit, Jake (seeing what they're going for but then thinking it'd be more appropriate for a wood-elf). It's always given me a Tinker Bell vibe as well, being so short and tight - I can't help but wonder if they were trying to make her look sexier for the dads, like they used to do with Doctor Who companions...

        Not only does Sumayya end up resorting to the old flattery trick (Wickson Protocol?), they also completely miss the point of that scene. Hordriss told them that dragons are categorised by colour, so they were supposed to say green dragons are the finest, but they just say that Smirky is and of course he must accept this answer!

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • T
          T
          TheOldenDays
          wrote on last edited by
          #118

          I hope there'll be some more about Elita's costume on future episodes - I think Rosey wants to mention it. Here's a sudden thought I've just had - maybe the new costume was to help Stephanie do her gymnastics more comfortably, as it's basically just a leotard with leaves glued onto it. (Good news for Dad either way, of course!)

          This episode of Temporal Discussion was very much on my mind while we were recording Episode 5 (because I'd been editing it during the week leading up to that recording) so you'll hear me there referring back to Sumayya sidestepping the issue of categorising dragons by colour. I wouldn't have been at all sure (at the time) whether to tell Smirky "green ones" or "blue ones", but perhaps that was because of the colour settings on my family's TV.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • C
            C
            Canadanne
            wrote on last edited by
            #119

            I wouldn't have been at all sure (at the time) whether to tell Smirky "green ones" or "blue ones", but perhaps that was because of the colour settings on my family's TV.

            True, it's a confusing matter as he was blue in Series 5 (as confirmed by Mark Cordory on Twitter) but green thereafter, which I don't think is explicitly mentioned until Lord Fear brings it up in S6 E9!

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • T
              T
              TheOldenDays
              wrote on last edited by
              #120

              The puppet's very busy being digitally recoloured in Series 6, of course - first greener for Smirkenorff, then red (looks kinda purple, though!) for Red Death.

              I think the new, head-and-neck-only animatronic puppet for Series 8 was made to be greener than the original, thinking about the photo of Clifford Norgate sitting next to and operating it. They managed to recolour that a much more convincing red, for Bhal-Shebah.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • C
                C
                Canadanne
                wrote on last edited by
                #121

                Do you think Peggatty's laughter is Tom Karol? I always think it sounds a lot like Mrs Grimwold.

                "Let's have a look at your warts, then!" "Sumayya, don't show her anything" is such a funny line.

                I enjoyed your comedy French accents. Speaking of which, I've only just noticed Clifford Norgate seemingly giving Dreadnought a bit of a Scottish accent?? It's the way he rolls his R's on "Perhaps an arm", though he doesn't sound Scottish at other times so I'm not sure it was intentional!

                Loved Amy's analysis of the death scene.

                Excellent use of "I think it's just a symbol" - "Oh right" as a punchline to that discussion about the quest objects.

                I've never noticed Pickle blanking Alan's team, LOL!

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • T
                  T
                  TheOldenDays
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #122

                  I certainly think Peggatty's laughter was done by a man. If it was Tom Karol, I wonder if they'd had it on tape for three years, unused, or if it was newly recorded as an uncredited contribution.

                  I've always loved that "warts" exchange. The Heggatty scene sums up Sumayya's team perfectly, really - having a great deal of fun and making pretty engaging Knightmare, but not really knowing what they're doing with the actual quest content.

                  I'm going to have to listen out for sounds of Scots in Dreadnort's voice while making future episodes.

                  I had a great time recording with Amy and I think she made some wonderful content, just like last time. That death scene was the specific part of Series 6 she nominated when I asked her what she'd like to talk about, and I'm really glad we got to do so. I have ambitions to record with her again.

                  I do enjoy fishing out bits of other Knightmare episodes when I get reminded of them while making Temporal Discussion, so I'm really pleased you appreciated that one so much. Thanks a lot for posting your upbeat response to this episode, Annie - it's made me look forward to making more.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • TemporalDiscussionT
                    TemporalDiscussionT
                    TemporalDiscussion
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #123

                    I've spent a good part of today chatting to Gary Napper. He's probably best known nowadays as the production designer on the videogame Alien: Isolation, but a little over 20 years ago he was a member of a group of lads who called themselves Freshlove Productions.

                    Expect an episode on the Knightmare spoof "Bad Dreem" soon

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • C
                      C
                      Canadanne
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #124

                      I've spent a good part of today chatting to Gary Napper. He's probably best known nowadays as the production designer on the videogame Alien: Isolation, but a little over 20 years ago he was a member of a group of lads who called themselves Freshlove Productions.

                      Expect an episode on the Knightmare spoof "Bad Dreem" soon

                      Ewar Woowar!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • C
                        C
                        Canadanne
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #125

                        Sleeping Satellite "rather bland"?! It's an amazing song!

                        I immediately thought of Númenor when I first heard Nemanor, and then David pointed out it also resembled Captain Nemo. I think it's a deliberate blend of the two.

                        I LOLed at the closing line this week!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • shadow6162S
                          shadow6162S
                          shadow6162
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #126

                          I've spent a good part of today chatting to Gary Napper. He's probably best known nowadays as the production designer on the videogame Alien: Isolation, but a little over 20 years ago he was a member of a group of lads who called themselves Freshlove Productions.

                          Expect an episode on the Knightmare spoof "Bad Dreem" soon

                          My partner who lives in America once casually said "Ewar Woowar" and halted me in my tracks. He only had passing knowledge of Knightmare at the time so how he even found Bad Dreem, I have no idea

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • C
                            C
                            Canadanne
                            wrote last edited by
                            #127

                            I didn't realise January's quest was the first time the Descender appears in Series 6. Perhaps that's why it's one of the few specific Knightmare scenes that I always remembered from childhood.

                            The Big Issue has certainly had me scratching my head this evening - I've gone back and forth on it several times while considering the evidence!
                            I agree we're left with a strong impression that there's only one Dreadnort (I've always tended to think of him as a unique creation) and there doesn't seem much point in having multiple Dreadnorts around.
                            I like to incorporate as much on-screen content as possible into my headcanons, so if Pickle had actually said "It's one of Lord Fear's Dreadnorts" in that scene, I would've accepted that he knows there are others. But the way he words it like an afterthought ("That's Lord Fear's Dreadnort - well, one of them") might suggest Pickle himself isn't sure if there's one or several.
                            It's not the only such quote in the series, though... Pickle again says "that's a Dreadnort" in the next episode, and Elita says "If you should meet a Dreadnort..." while speaking to Sophia, so she must think there's more than one. More significantly, Skarkill in the first episode asks Lord Fear for "the loan of one of them mech... well, that ruddy great metal warrior thing", which seems to imply there will be several if there aren't already. Lord Fear replies with a comment about "the Dreadnort", but he could be talking about it as a general concept rather than implying there's only one, or perhaps he's only built that one so far, as Martin suggested. Lord Fear does tend to produce a few of his monsters (Frightknights, Skeletrons etc), and Tim Child refers to "Frightknights and Dreadnoughts", plural, in The Quest.
                            I do think either interpretation is valid (there's always room for "character error" as they call it on the IMDb), but overall I have to conclude there are multiple Dreadnorts, even if I find it difficult to visualise!

                            Incidentally I think Dreadnort's lines are definitely live in the next episode as he ad-libs "Out of my path!" when the advisors tell Ben to start walking at the same time, which could've really messed up the visual effect if Ben had stepped in front of him. (Pickle has to hastily intervene as well, telling him to stay where he is!) And perhaps because of that, he adds "Pass and live in fear" rather belatedly just as he's walking off-screen.

                            I would love to know what Jamie's team did to deserve their fate, too! (I even wrote them a filk once.)

                            I can't agree that the Stormgeists look unsettling - I commented during my first watch-through that they look like something out of Button Moon, and I've never been able to shake that impression! (I think they vaguely remind me of the plastic bottle characters, combined with the slightly rubbish puppeteering when things are supposed to be flying.) So they just don't work for me as a threat, apart from that one time when Sophia was trapped in the Descender with a huge one.

                            Wow, I've never noticed any real-life issues with Rayner Bourton's leg in this series - what an interesting observation! I'll have to look out for that when I'm watching in future. (Shades of Mark Knight's broken arm in Series 8.)

                            C 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • T
                              T
                              TheOldenDays
                              wrote last edited by
                              #128

                              Thanks for your detailed thoughts as spurred by the episode, Annie - it makes me glad I spent so much time slogging over this marathon offering. (Though Episode 12, with Paul McIntosh, is a bit longer still!)

                              I've already noted down a Big Issue vote from Spotify, to add to the poll result and the ones cast on the actual podcast, and I'll also make a note of your vote from here, unless you've put it in the poll.

                              I've almost but not quite got round to mentioning out loud Skarkill's "one of them" comment from Episode 1, and I tend to think it's just his way of phrasing things, as he corrects it to "THAT ruddy great metal warrior" but it could indeed support the idea that the first one is just a prototype.

                              I tend to think Clifford Norgate is usually doing Dreadnort live, particularly when Smirkenorff also speaks during the same sequence of play, which of course backs up the idea that he's not live with January, as there's no Smirky. There's more discussion on this subject to come during Sophia's quest.

                              I've actually just finished editing Episode 13, where the stormgeist in the Descender is dubbed a wasted opportunity to do something better, and stormgeists as a whole are given an overall massive thumbs-down. I think there have been some very mixed feelings expressed about the rented geists, but the common thread running through this season of Temporal Discussion is that they're not nearly as good as the things they replaced, the skull ghosts. Also, whether they look like aliens or plastic bottle characters, they look rubbish!

                              Watch out particularly for Julius limping in Episode 1 - I think Rayner regretted trying that and so didn't really walk-and-talk with a dungeoneer again until Episode 8.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • C
                                C
                                Canadanne
                                wrote last edited by
                                #129

                                No, I haven't cast a vote on the poll so you can count it from here. 🙂

                                The oriignal skull ghosts are definitely much better than stormgeists! (And I prefer the first design to the Series 4 ones.)

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • T
                                  T
                                  TheOldenDays
                                  wrote last edited by
                                  #130

                                  I've just finished making and uploading a regular episode of Temporal Discussion that's going to release (on Spotify etc) at 4pm on Christmas Day, so don't forget to factor that in to your festive plans!

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • C Canadanne

                                    I didn't realise January's quest was the first time the Descender appears in Series 6. Perhaps that's why it's one of the few specific Knightmare scenes that I always remembered from childhood.

                                    The Big Issue has certainly had me scratching my head this evening - I've gone back and forth on it several times while considering the evidence!
                                    I agree we're left with a strong impression that there's only one Dreadnort (I've always tended to think of him as a unique creation) and there doesn't seem much point in having multiple Dreadnorts around.
                                    I like to incorporate as much on-screen content as possible into my headcanons, so if Pickle had actually said "It's one of Lord Fear's Dreadnorts" in that scene, I would've accepted that he knows there are others. But the way he words it like an afterthought ("That's Lord Fear's Dreadnort - well, one of them") might suggest Pickle himself isn't sure if there's one or several.
                                    It's not the only such quote in the series, though... Pickle again says "that's a Dreadnort" in the next episode, and Elita says "If you should meet a Dreadnort..." while speaking to Sophia, so she must think there's more than one. More significantly, Skarkill in the first episode asks Lord Fear for "the loan of one of them mech... well, that ruddy great metal warrior thing", which seems to imply there will be several if there aren't already. Lord Fear replies with a comment about "the Dreadnort", but he could be talking about it as a general concept rather than implying there's only one, or perhaps he's only built that one so far, as Martin suggested. Lord Fear does tend to produce a few of his monsters (Frightknights, Skeletrons etc), and Tim Child refers to "Frightknights and Dreadnoughts", plural, in The Quest.
                                    I do think either interpretation is valid (there's always room for "character error" as they call it on the IMDb), but overall I have to conclude there are multiple Dreadnorts, even if I find it difficult to visualise!

                                    Incidentally I think Dreadnort's lines are definitely live in the next episode as he ad-libs "Out of my path!" when the advisors tell Ben to start walking at the same time, which could've really messed up the visual effect if Ben had stepped in front of him. (Pickle has to hastily intervene as well, telling him to stay where he is!) And perhaps because of that, he adds "Pass and live in fear" rather belatedly just as he's walking off-screen.

                                    I would love to know what Jamie's team did to deserve their fate, too! (I even wrote them a filk once.)

                                    I can't agree that the Stormgeists look unsettling - I commented during my first watch-through that they look like something out of Button Moon, and I've never been able to shake that impression! (I think they vaguely remind me of the plastic bottle characters, combined with the slightly rubbish puppeteering when things are supposed to be flying.) So they just don't work for me as a threat, apart from that one time when Sophia was trapped in the Descender with a huge one.

                                    Wow, I've never noticed any real-life issues with Rayner Bourton's leg in this series - what an interesting observation! I'll have to look out for that when I'm watching in future. (Shades of Mark Knight's broken arm in Series 8.)

                                    C
                                    C
                                    Canadanne
                                    wrote last edited by
                                    #131

                                    Canadanne said:

                                    I have to conclude there are multiple Dreadnorts, even if I find it difficult to visualise!

                                    I just remembered that I made reference to multiple Dreadnorts in a parody of Hotel California I wrote back in 2011. "How he laughs as the Dreadnorts leave them all dead / Some choose to dismember / Some choose to behead." 😁

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • T
                                      T
                                      TheOldenDays
                                      wrote last edited by
                                      #132

                                      Shame the one we see with Sumayya can't seem to decide on dismembering or beheading, so apparently does neither. Latest score is 8-4 in favour of a single Dreadnort.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • C
                                        C
                                        Canadanne
                                        wrote last edited by
                                        #133

                                        Jake's intro this week gave me a proper LOL!

                                        Mark Knight cheekily suggesting "Syphiris?" when Ben can't make out Sidriss' name - one of Knightmare's "near the knuckle for a kids' show" moments! 😁

                                        I love Ridolfo, I'm not sure if I've ever given him the praise he deserves. Always a great fun performance from Adrian.

                                        On the subject of locations, we still need to know where that Wooded Area is...

                                        I've never noticed this before, but when Treguard gives his little speech about hoping they've got something to pay Smirkenorff, the advisor on the right with the pencil in his mouth appears to go "Shiiit" under his breath!

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • T
                                          T
                                          TheOldenDays
                                          wrote last edited by
                                          #134

                                          That's my violent side coming back out after many years.

                                          I've just been to take another look at that scene in the Smirky vestibule, and Nat certainly seems to get into a proper worry after Treguard's comment. He checks his notes too, to see if they do have anything they could possibly give him for the ride, but of course they don't. Smirky just admires Ben's "natural skill", I guess.

                                          There's an uninformed comment on YouTube that says something like "well, there ARE free Smirky rides in other episodes, you know!", i.e. claiming there's nothing suspect or unusual about this situation. However, this really is unique as the only time Smirky gives a totally free ride BETWEEN LEVELS without some form of incentive, be it a physical fare, a set of questions answered correctly with Brother Mace, a token presented to the Gatemaster, a piece of flattery, a warning about the Brollachan, or a direct instruction from Elita or Romahna.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Don't have an account? Register

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Groups
                                          Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

                                          The Team

                                          Join
                                          Submissions
                                          Contact
                                          KM Chat
                                          Privacy Policy

                                          The Site

                                          About
                                          Search
                                          Site Map
                                          Terms & Conditions
                                          Q&A

                                          Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
                                          © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.