Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

Newbie Welcome

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. Newbie Welcome
  3. Long time lurker finally joins!

Long time lurker finally joins!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Welcome
5 Posts 5 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • H
    H
    haymansafc
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Greetings all! It's always best to get the introductions out of the way first!

    My name is Gary and have been a big and somewhat passionate Knightmare fan since, well, a very early age being a once avid CITV viewer! I'm 28 and from Cheshire.

    I first discovered this site some years ago actually but never had enough courage to actually sign up. When I first discovered this site, I was astounded that there are so many people out there who also have this legendary show in their hearts and minds. By the time I went to High School (1997), most people had stopped discussing Knightmare and back then I thought that perhaps I was on my own in having very fond and frighteningly regular memories of the show! It come as a relief to then discover this site after finishing high school!

    So, why did I join now and not sooner? I'm quite a shy person face-to-face so it takes a lot for me to do anything 'public', even if it's just down in words on a forum. However, after hearing news of Knightmare Live and of course the special YouTube Geek Week one-off, I finally thought "Oh, what the heck! Do it!". I will be adding my own thoughts to that thread later on.

    What do I like about Knightmare? Anything, really! Also, I'd like to point out that I'm generally a bigger fan of the later series. Quite a rare thing around these parts which I don't really understand why. I thought they were fantastic! Sure, I'm not quite old enough to recall the first few series when they were first aired but of course have seen them via Challenge TV or YouTube since. About my earliest memory of Knightmare was constantly hiding behind the sofa in fear of Goblins e.t.c and it was certainly before Pickle made an appearance! I was hooked from there on in until the end.

    Me and my best friend we're always talking about it and trying to act it out in the playground! We even set up our team of four (another two Knightmare fans) ready to submit our request to take part on the show! Alas, nothing ever did happen!

    Anyway, enough from me for now. I've typed this all out on an iPod which in itself is quite some achievement in itself but the cause is worth it! I'll certainly be popping by to add my own comments and thoughts in the future.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • C
      C
      Canadanne
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Hi Gary, I'm glad you decided to sign up at last! Enjoy the forum!

      I'd say I lean slightly towards preferring the later series too, just because the characters and humour make them so rewatchable, but I love all the series in different ways.

      I look forward to reading more of your thoughts about the show!

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • HStormH
        HStormH
        HStorm
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Welcome aboard. Knightmare can be scary, but believe me, we're not, so nothing to be shy about.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • D
          D
          Drassil
          Senior staff
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Thanks for joining, Gary. I hope you have a rewarding time here.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • K
            K
            Kieran
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Great to see you here, Gary. Enjoy the forums!

            1 Reply Last reply
            0

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

            Register Login
            Reply
            • Reply as topic
            Log in to reply
            • Oldest to Newest
            • Newest to Oldest
            • Most Votes


            • Login

            • Don't have an account? Register

            • Login or register to search.
            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Categories
            • Recent
            • Tags
            • Popular
            • Users
            • Groups
            Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

            The Team

            Join
            Submissions
            Contact
            KM Chat
            Privacy Policy

            The Site

            About
            Search
            Site Map
            Terms & Conditions
            Q&A

            Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
            © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.