Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

Yttrium

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
Y

Yttrium

@Yttrium
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
7
Topics
2
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Knightmare NWN Mod
    Y Yttrium
    Want to Help?

    Just to let you know that I haven't really got enough time to continue work on this mod. I know that I won't really be able to do Knightmare justice, so, until further notice, this mod has been discontinued.

    Sorry.


  • Which Series ?
    Y Yttrium
    General Discussion

    If any series could be repeated on terrestrial television, which one would you choose and why ?

    For me, it'd probably be one of the earlier series (3 or 4) as I've never seen any episodes from then (well, I was only about 3 or 4 at the time!)

    Anyway, I'm curious to hear what others say


  • Knightmare the game
    Y Yttrium
    General Discussion

    Well, if you have neverwinter nights, you can check out the knightmare-based module that I'm developing for it. Check out the thread on this forum entitled "Knightmare NWN Mod".

    Hope this is useful to you; any comments are very welcome !


  • Knightmare NWN Mod
    Y Yttrium
    Want to Help?

    Right, sorry I haven't had a chance to reply sooner, but what with Christmas and New Year and being away in Russia, I'm sure you'll understand As requested, here is some more (semi-technical) information on Neverwinter Nights :

    Neverwinter Nights is a recently released role-playing game, set in a third-person 3D perspective. It is based around, and set in, the "Dungeons and Dragons" universe. Alongside a single-player campaign, a powerful editor is released with the game. This allows the creation of modules relatively easily (as many small details, in, say, a temple, are placed in automatically). This easy-to-use editor means that there are thousands of modules, all of different plot (and quality, naturally  ;)) which are out on the web. I hope to create my module (loosely) based around knightmare; with 4 different quests to choose from. However, being fairly unexperienced in scripting, or programming (NWN, as far as I know, uses a slightly-modified C+ language) except for the wonderfully archaic BASIC, I am already encountering many problems with scripting.

    Without attempting to spoil my module, I want to get Motley to open a door when you get his riddle right; and for Smirkenoff to fly you off (even just a straight teleport would do for the moment) to a different area. Sadly, this is beyond the scope of any tutorial that I have found; but I am scouting around for help in that area. I would invite you all (anyone that's interested, that is) to take a look at www.neverwinternights.com for more information about the game (if you find the right forum, there's even a thread about the mod, too !!) Anyway, hope this clears a few things up for anyone who was confused about what NWN is, and I repeat that the module should be out 1/4 complete in the [early] spring. I'll keep you guys posted, anyway!

    Thanks for showing an interest, and "Happy New Year!" to all !!!

    PS: I have just [now] found a program which claims to allow simpler scripting for simple folk like me; I'll check it out and hope it's a breakthrough!!


  • Knightmare NWN Mod
    Y Yttrium
    Want to Help?

    Well, it's good to see that there still are some people interested. The mod is progressing, slowly but steadily, but, sadly, I'm already running into problems with the scripting of the thing! If anyone here knows someone who wouldn't mind helping me, or if anyone is willing to do so themselves, then please contact me (either here or via e-mail at oblong@blastock.demon.co.uk).

    The first beta of the mod should be out, hopefully, in the springtime (with 1 out of the 4 quests completed, most likely).

    Have a merry christmas and a happy new year, everyone!


  • Knightmare NWN Mod
    Y Yttrium
    Want to Help?

    Thanks for your offer of help ! If ever I get stuck, I'll call on you

    And you can certainly beta-test! (It is likely that I will complete each quest fully before starting on the next)

    Incidentally, any quest ideas would be good. Oh, and just to say, this mod is not going to be a direct transliteration of the knightmare series. It's gonna be inspired by knightmare; and there should be many recognisable characters.


  • Knightmare NWN Mod
    Y Yttrium
    Want to Help?

    Hi, everyone.

    I am (just as most people here) a fan of knightmare, but sadly only being old enough to have seen the last couple of series. I intend to (and, indeed, have already started to) create a knightmare module for Neverwinter Nights. For those of you that aren't familiar with NWN (as it will henceforth be referred to), it is essentially a role-playing game, with a sophisticated editor, designed to making your own adventures. It is based around the Dungeons and Dragons universe, and I thought that I would like to make a Knightmare module for this game.

    Firstly, I'd like anyone who's interested (either in helping or just hearing about the mod's current status) to either post here, e-mail me at:

    oblong@blastock.demon.co.uk

    or alternatively send me a message via these forums.

    Secondly, I'd like to make certain that the creation of such a module does not infringe any copyrights (I strongly doubt this, but, hey, it's worth checking). Secondly, I'd like to know if the helmet that the dungeoneer wears has any particular name (other than just 'helmet'). ?? Is it the Helm of Justice ?? Thirdly, are there only four items to quest for (shield, sword, cup and crown) or are there more I've forgotten (hope not).

    The mod should include devilish puzzles, inane riddles, and all your favourites like Smirkenoff and the Hall of Blades. Well, this is the idea, anyhow! It should also contain (at least when complete) 4 different quests - one for each of the items.

    Anyway, just to let you know that such a mod does exist (although not much of it, as of yet), so....hope you think it's a good idea

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

The Team

Join
Submissions
Contact
KM Chat
Privacy Policy

The Site

About
Search
Site Map
Terms & Conditions
Q&A

Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
© Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.