Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

General Discussion

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. Best ad lib

Best ad lib

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
29 Posts 12 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • E
    E
    Emii
    wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I TOTALLY agree! Where is Barry these days? Get the guy in here!

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • B
      B
      bpthorne
      wrote on last edited by
      #17

      I'm here, I'm here... someone very kindly sent me the link.  The best ad-lib?... I think I said something along the lines of "Wait, there's someone behind me... oh no... it's ok... it's the cameraman."  But I think that probably got lost in the edit...  Maybe that qualifies as the worst ad-lib?!

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • N
        N
        NeilJones
        wrote on last edited by
        #18

        whats a Ad lib?  😕

        To adlib is to make it up as you go along so far as this trade is concerned.

        For example, if you've ever seen the Morecambe and Wise sketch with Glenda Jackson as Cleopatra, she does quite a bit of adlibbing in that sketch, namely the unscripted bits.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • E
          E
          Emii
          wrote on last edited by
          #19

          Wah-hey! A star in our midst. I think I'll keep him as a pet and call him Beepy.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Debz_gD
            Debz_gD
            Debz_g
            wrote on last edited by
            #20

            Heh heh heh I'm sure he'll love that Emii!! Or is that Kully and she has managed to log in under your name?? Funny, I didnt think elves could use computers, but there again Kully is full of surprises...and I am hiding my shoes so she can't steal them!

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • E
              E
              Emii
              wrote on last edited by
              #21

              I did write the bit about having a star in our midst, but Kully had posted it when i got back - think she added the last bit on. Yes, guys, hide your shoes! Run for your life!

              Kully says Hi Beepy.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • JamesAJ
                JamesAJ
                JamesA
                wrote on last edited by
                #22

                Who on earth's Kully?  😉

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • E
                  E
                  Emii
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #23

                  Kully is the resident elf. There are suggestions that she is Pickle's little sister, but she won't admit to it. She has no shoes of her own cos that's the sign of an elf slave - make sure you take yours off and hide them while she's around. She's a bit daft...actually make that very daft. Worse than Pickle - no sense whatsoever.

                  And don't give her Malibu. Ever.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • B
                    B
                    bpthorne
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #24

                    ....Beepy..?

                    I guess I've had worse.  Turns out my name means 'donkey' in Sipedi, not a great asset when you're travelling in South Africa.  Sorry, this is way off topic now.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • E
                      E
                      Emii
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #25

                      LOL! I'll make a point of not going to South Africa then, cos I'd hate to think what Emii means - probably chamberpot or something similar.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • JamesAJ
                        JamesAJ
                        JamesA
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #26

                        Alright Barry!

                        Good of you to drop in, hope you can knock around for quite a while - we're all one happy family here (or so I think)  😉

                        Cheers

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • ?
                          ?
                          Guest
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #27

                          "Oooooh, nasty!"

                          you said it!..................

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • D
                            D
                            DavidNewton
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #28

                            One of the best ad-libbers on the programme wasn't an actor, but a dungeoneer - Matt, from the first team of series 6. He "played his part" very well and was a lot more confident about meeting the characters in the game than most dungeoneers. Two great examples are when he dismissed Julius Scaramonger with a hand gesture at the market, and when after shaking hands with Sylvester he wipes his hand off on Hans' cloak!

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • E
                              E
                              Emii
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #29

                              heheheheeeeeeee

                              Agreed...

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0

                              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                              Register Login
                              Reply
                              • Reply as topic
                              Log in to reply
                              • Oldest to Newest
                              • Newest to Oldest
                              • Most Votes


                              • Login

                              • Don't have an account? Register

                              • Login or register to search.
                              • First post
                                Last post
                              0
                              • Categories
                              • Recent
                              • Tags
                              • Popular
                              • Users
                              • Groups
                              Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

                              The Team

                              Join
                              Submissions
                              Contact
                              KM Chat
                              Privacy Policy

                              The Site

                              About
                              Search
                              Site Map
                              Terms & Conditions
                              Q&A

                              Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
                              © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.