Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

General Discussion

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. The Knightmare main theme - what a rush...^^

The Knightmare main theme - what a rush...^^

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
14 Posts 14 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • WhiteFloatingSkullW
    WhiteFloatingSkullW
    WhiteFloatingSkull
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I just wanna start a thread stating that, in my personal opinion, a full Knightmare experience starts RIGHT from the beginning credits right up to the broadsword logo at the end.

    I LOVE the Knightmare main music, it even brang a tear to my eye the first time I heard it after seeing my first FULL repeat all those months ago. It brought back memories of the series, and indeed moments in my life at that age.

    I just HAD to get out a Knightmare-music appreciation thread, as it simply conveys EVERYTHING the series had within.

    Bravery, epicness, will to succeed...emotion.  ;D

    God DAMN if I'm just bein' a sentimental old skull, but sometimes I just think it's good to take a step back and say...'DAMN, that is the best.'

    Anybody wanna share thoughts on this musical nostalgia trip of the dungeons?

    **

    To make even more point to the thread, which version of the theme did you prefer?

    Series 1-3, 4-6, 7-8...or one of those odd unknown Knightmare theme compositions? **

    I loved 'em all...^^

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • E
      E
      Elessar
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      7-8.

      By the way, the ringtones are still available on knightmare.com and on www.thegreatestquest.co.uk

      For those of you with phones with polyphonic ringtones....the best thing to do is get hold of a Knightmare midi file and use ifnrared or a data cable to get it on your phone.

      But yeh I prefer 7-8 - sounded more dramatic somehow.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • G
        G
        GrimaldineGrimwold
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I preferred the final one too (especially the scream/sigh at the end that set the atmosphere so well), although there's a slightly different version of the closing music that plays occasionally during S4 that I rather like too.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • P
          P
          Purgatory
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          in fact the closeing theme for the last seasons was pretty good, but yes 7-8 was the best, as was its intro.

          Just ashame its over within 30 seconds

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • T
            T
            Thanatos
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I think you mean 4-5 and 6-8 (the latter being my favourite).

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • S
              S
              Sb04
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              i think the best thyeme was the 1992 to end of 1994 credits. they had better grathics then all the others.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • E
                E
                Emii
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                That's not the theme tune though is it. That's the opening credits.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • SkarkillS
                  SkarkillS
                  Skarkill
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  They were all good in my hummbal oppinion.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • W
                    W
                    WhiteDevil
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    I think i preferred the later opening titles. Better theme music, generally good all round

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • S
                      S
                      simiano
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      i liked the 1987 to 1989 purely cuz of the techno like music

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • L
                        L
                        LiamABC
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        OK, I know this is a poll question on the main site, but which version of the theme tune do people prefer, and why?

                        I myself am sort of torn between two.

                        I love the original theme because it brings back the most memories, it's the one I first think of when I think of Knightmare, so as a nostalgist it wins hands down.

                        HOWEVER, as a musician, I love the series 4-5 version best, because it has the most "epic" feel to it - the big orchestral arrangement, although no less anachronistic than the 80s synths when compared to the period the books are set in really conjures up images of noble knights going on great adventures.

                        As for the series 6-8 version - that should never have been allowed to happen. It was symptomatic of the dumbing down of the series.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • PookaP
                          PookaP
                          Pooka
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Closing credits of series 5. Listen to it. It's fantastic.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • shadow6162S
                            shadow6162S
                            shadow6162
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Series 1-3 shall always be my favorite!

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • C
                              C
                              Canadanne
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Love them all equally. If you put a gun to my head, perhaps the closing credits music of 6-8.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0

                              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                              Register Login
                              Reply
                              • Reply as topic
                              Log in to reply
                              • Oldest to Newest
                              • Newest to Oldest
                              • Most Votes


                              • Login

                              • Don't have an account? Register

                              • Login or register to search.
                              • First post
                                Last post
                              0
                              • Categories
                              • Recent
                              • Tags
                              • Popular
                              • Users
                              • Groups
                              Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

                              The Team

                              Join
                              Submissions
                              Contact
                              KM Chat
                              Privacy Policy

                              The Site

                              About
                              Search
                              Site Map
                              Terms & Conditions
                              Q&A

                              Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
                              © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.