Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

General Discussion

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. General Discussion
  3. The Ultimate Series Mix

The Ultimate Series Mix

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
11 Posts 8 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • 1
    1
    123Pooka
    wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Splicing two knightmare series together could be a disaster, as some characters I think are definitely suited for certain series. For example, take the tension of the Mogdred and Morghanna scenes, would it seem right to suddenly have Lissard groping around Lord Fear straight afterwards lol. (No offense Lissard you're good enough in series8 )

    If I had to though I would go with mixing series 2 and 3, they both have great dungeon styles and well acted characters such as Mogdred and Morghanna. The fast paced action of series 2 and superb tension of series 3 should combine to make awesome knightmare.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • W
      W
      Willowherb
      wrote on last edited by
      #3

      An interesting concept! It's true that it might not work at all in practise, but you never know.

      Personally, I'd try something weird like splicing series 2 or 3 with a bit of series 7. Very sinister dungeons, a no-second-chances attitude towards the teams, fast-paced and no seeing spells, Eye Shield etc. (the latter made the advisors redundant for a lot of the time!) All this, but with the Lord Fear/Lissard Opposition. Now, I know that they were less sinister than Morghanna or Mogdred, but if you think of Lord F's sadistic sense of humour there's no reason why he and his henchmen couldn't fit into the Old Dungeon if they upped the scariness a bit. After all, there's room for humour and cruelty in Knightmare.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • W
        W
        Wolfshead
        wrote on last edited by
        #4

        You could mix 1-3 with level 2 from S7 and level 1 from S8, with a mixture of characters from 1-4 and possibly the Brollachon. The chief of the opposition would have to be Mogdred none o that fangled techno magic for me.

        The old Wall monsters were good and so was Owen and Gargoylebut the doors would have to go.

        The best assistant was Pickle, but Knightmare was better before him.

        Opening from 6-8 was good though.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • HStormH
          HStormH
          HStorm
          wrote on last edited by
          #5

          I'd take the variety of rooms from s2 and S3, plus the Corridor of Blades and the Trial By Spikes (no more of those damn causeway puzzles).

          Character wise, I'd take the early Treguard as a strictly neutral referee over the kindly granddad figure of the later years. As an intereseting twist, I'd include the dungeon master from Le Chevalier du Labyrinthe as the leader of the Powers That Be, although if that's not allowed I reckon Gwendoline would make an interesting leader. Meanwhile Lord Fear HAS to be the Leader of the Opposition over Mogdred on the basis of far greater sharpness of dialogue.

          Folly should be jester over Motley on the basis of being less irritating (hey, all things are relative). Marta's probably the best serving maid in comparison with Melly and Gretal, and not just because of the low-cut of her dress. Majida should be in the PTB as well but not in the antechamber where she usually just gets in the way. Cedric and Elita have to be included as neutrals to add the right kind of obstructive rudeness, along with Hordriss, Greystagg, Lillith and Ah Wok. I'd include Skarkill, Lissard, Sly Hands and Gumboil the Indispensible for the Opposition, while I'd put in Golgarach and Igneous as the wall monsters (defintely NOT the Brollachan).

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • W
            W
            Wolfshead
            wrote on last edited by
            #6

            Though I'm not keen on the weeping doors because they used up som much time when you consider that Oakley was S4's equivilant of a wallmonster, I did find a couple of Dooris's questions hilarious.

            Gallstones on Gallway bay.

            Paddi fields in Ireland

            Holy Grail in Westminster Abbey

            Henry VIII having 9 wives

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • L
              L
              LordF
              wrote on last edited by
              #7

              I would mix the tension and puzzles of Series 6, The causeways of Series 5 & 6, the puzzles of Series 3 and 7 and the Characters of Series 5-8 which will be, but NOT the bad ones.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • T
                T
                TheBrollachan
                wrote on last edited by
                #8

                Things I would include:

                Level 1:

                Moving blocks room

                Causeway (with timer)

                Transportation: Smirkenorff

                Level 2:

                Trial by spikes

                Corridor of blades

                Transportation: The decender

                Level 3:

                Fireball Room

                Play your cards right

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • M
                  M
                  MoanaLiza
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #9

                  Erm, have you got something against dungeoneers? Also I'm surprised you havn't put The Brollachan!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • W
                    W
                    Wolfshead
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #10

                    I think that things were better when there was no defined Powers that be or Opposition. Treguard was neutral, there were good guys and bad guys as well as some that were in between, e.g Cedric, Velda, Hordris (before s5), Olaf, McGrew or Gundrada etc.

                    Treguard was merely "the referee in the greater game of luck and glory."

                    "merely oversee things I don't control them."

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • W
                      W
                      Wolfshead
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #11

                      I defeinatly have to have the old skull goasts and the old pookers.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Don't have an account? Register

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Groups
                      Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

                      The Team

                      Join
                      Submissions
                      Contact
                      KM Chat
                      Privacy Policy

                      The Site

                      About
                      Search
                      Site Map
                      Terms & Conditions
                      Q&A

                      Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
                      © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.