Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

Off-Topic

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. Off-Topic
  3. The legend of Merlin....

The legend of Merlin....

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off-Topic
2 Posts 1 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • V
    V
    Visage
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hello everyone,

    First off, sorry for not posting here so very often I love to read, but I try to restrict posting to the Surrounds forum to prevent too much procrastination during essay time!

    However, I have a favour to ask...

    I'm an English student and I'm thinking of doing a thesis on Representations of Merlin in English Literature... I've specified English to avoid having to learn too much Medieval French and Latin, which is quite a relief!

    Obviously this is going to involve a lot of Mallory, Spenser and Tennyson, but I'd really appreciate people to point me towards some of Merlin's appearences in other, perhaps lesser known books. I've already thought of 'The Once and Future King' with its rather famous first book 'The Sword in the Stone', but any other incarnations would be very helpful indeed!

    I'm sure this will also embarrass me with an obvious one that I've failed to mention, but I'm writing this at 1.30am so I blame tiredness if I've ignored a major work of literature in which he appears!

    I know this isn't strictly Knightmare discussion, but I fear not many will see it if I put it on the Back-up...

    Thanks everyone!

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • V
      V
      Visage
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Sigh

      How could I have forgotten Geoffrey of Monmouth? The Writer of the most comically inaccurate history of Britain ever.....

      Not to mention Mary Stewart....

      Now I really am stuck for more!

      1 Reply Last reply
      0

      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

      Register Login
      Reply
      • Reply as topic
      Log in to reply
      • Oldest to Newest
      • Newest to Oldest
      • Most Votes


      • Login

      • Don't have an account? Register

      • Login or register to search.
      • First post
        Last post
      0
      • Categories
      • Recent
      • Tags
      • Popular
      • Users
      • Groups
      Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

      The Team

      Join
      Submissions
      Contact
      KM Chat
      Privacy Policy

      The Site

      About
      Search
      Site Map
      Terms & Conditions
      Q&A

      Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
      © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.