Skip to content
Knightmare logo
  • Backstage
    ConventionExperiencesHistoryHow Knightmare was madeInterviews
  • Dungeon
    CGIHandpaintedLocations
  • Fans
    ArticlesCoverageFan projectsMagazinesOnline
  • NPCs
    OppositionPowers that BeUnaligned
  • Series
    Geek WeekInternationalKnightmare VRSeries 1Series 2Series 3Series 4Series 5Series 6Series 7Series 8
  • Events
    Pre-2021202120222023202420252026
  • Forum
Treguard and Lord Fear talking

Reminds me of Knightmare

Knightmare Chat takes place at 8pm on Sundays.
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Collapse
  1. Home
  2. Reminds me of Knightmare
  3. Knightmare worms!

Knightmare worms!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Reminds me of Knightmare
4 Posts 4 Posters 0 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • D
    D
    darkDescender
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    As you may be aware, the new "Worms 4" game is out on the 29th July, and I've just heard that it is almost certainly possible to make Knightmare-based worms. Worms are fully customisable, with hats/gloves/beards etc, and I recently decided to ask Team 17 if there were any knightmare related options. The reply?

    "I know there's a helmet with horns in there, and some kind of bag isn't too much to hope for, so even if you can't knock up a good Frightnight you'll be able to get a decent Dungeoneer look."

    How'dyou like them apples?

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • PookaP
      PookaP
      Pooka
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I don't know what shocked me most, the fact that they know what Knightmare is, or the fact that they readily responded to a question (I've had lots of dealings with Team17 myself, and they're notoriously different to get a straight answer out of!).

      I may get Worms4 myself, actually, seeing as there may well be another Superfrog cameo in it...

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • T
        T
        Thanatos
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I don't like the idea of fully three-dimensional Worms. The first two games were quite definitely the best; the later ones overdid it. It's such a gloriously simple concept, and Worms 2 just about managed to remain uncomplicated enough not to diminish that.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • F
          F
          FrightKnight
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          They misspelled FrightKnight! Nooooooooo!!!!

          I'll let them off. Team 17 have been going round for a huuuuge length of time, and I remember them from such beauties as Qwak, Arcade Pool and Alien Breed 3D (the first one). And Superfrog, of course. A couple of hiccups and duds aside (let's face it, 10-pin bowling sims aren't as much fun as the real thing), I'm glad Team 17 haven't been eaten up by the huge wibbly monster that is EA Games, who now seemingly produce everything.

          But anyway, the idea of customisable worms for the latest incarnation sounds good. Must admit I haven't played a Worms game since the Amiga-only Worms: Director's Cut came out back in Christmas 1996, their swansong for that machine of vanilla goodness.

          Might play Superfrog again soon, actually...

          1 Reply Last reply
          0

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          • Login

          • Don't have an account? Register

          • Login or register to search.
          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Categories
          • Recent
          • Tags
          • Popular
          • Users
          • Groups
          Recent News (21 June 2026): Knightmare Live in 2026

          The Team

          Join
          Submissions
          Contact
          KM Chat
          Privacy Policy

          The Site

          About
          Search
          Site Map
          Terms & Conditions
          Q&A

          Keep up-to-date with Knightmare news:
          © Copyright Knightmare.com 1999-2026. All Rights Reserved. Moral rights are asserted.